Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Well Lit Food!!

Wow has the weather been beautiful for everyone else? The weather has been so nice here lately! A little overcast, maybe, but warming...warming. I even went out for my first bike ride in about 2 months!

                                                          a beer on the fire escape!

Groceries: collards, broccoli, tomatoes, hummus, carrots, tomato paste, TVP! It's the first time I've noticed it sold in the neighborhood, so I picked it up despite not knowing entirely what to do with it. Ideas?

                  raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, bread, dates, lemons, avocados

                                                        Ritter deserves its own photo

collard wrap: avo, tomatoes, hummus, tempeh, red cabbage, carrot. Don't mind the carrot on the side, haha. I got hungry while prepping.

                     avo, mixed greens, carrot, hummus sandwich in...daylight!! for dinner!!

                                   Berry Kashi Crunch cereal with rice milk, black coffee

salad of mixed greens (this was a WF mix - with herbs! really nice! There was dill, parsley, and cilantro among other baby greens), tomato, tempeh, carrot, and red cabbage. Simple ACV/olive oil dressing.

                                                  OJ, ACV, seltzer mocktail. Just cuz.

Got a super rad letter from Lysette about a Deicide show. She included some rebel lady patches! Assata Shakur and Phoolan Devi. I read the letter over coffee before work. Thank you again Lysette!

                                     Found a new bar at WF. It was pretty good, pretty filling.

   Lunch today from Paradis. Grilled shishito peppers, quinoa with scallion and carrot.
That's all for now. I'm working most of this week, so, less running around. Hopefully some fun stuff coming up this weekend, though. TTYL.

19 comments:

  1. I just made TVP tacos and they were delicious! I used this recipe without the seasoning. Instead, I just used liberal amounts of chili powder, garlic, and pepper flakes. http://vegetarian.about.com/od/maindishentreerecipes/r/tvptacos.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recipe, Kimberly! TVP tacos sounds like the way to go. maybe tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Oh the weather! It's been so beautiful I've forgotten it's supposed to be rainy here. (Almost.) Went out without a coat today. And here it is 7 p.m. and it's still light. Am trying to make something for dinner that looks like it came from Paradis. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you are enjoying it too. It's been sweatshirt weather here, but that is WELCOME

      Delete
  3. Those are some big shishito (how do i always write shitshitso??!) peppers there, looks like another great Paradis lunch.
    I've finally resumed the ACV lemon juice drink again -i just fan out of ACV and forgot about it i guess- and i swear it makes my tummy happy.

    TVP can be tricky- best in stewed saucy things like chili, sloppy joes, or stew, or soaked in seasoned liquid overnight and used in a meatless loaf. Has a tendency to taste like wet sponge if not prepared well- texture is similar too. Ppk probably has a good recipe....
    I'll be back on a bike the minute i kick this cold!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I always write buttito instead of burrito, or butterbut squash!
      ACV drinks are so refreshing, glad you're back to it.
      Oh a TVP loaf sounds interesting. Perhaps if it's baked, it's less wet sponge-y.

      Delete
  4. Aha! I've been successfully using up stuff in my pantry and every time I look in the unopened TVP bag stares back at me! I don't know what to do with it either -thanks for the 'wet sponge' warning Ttrockwood. The patches were a reward for making it through that epic tale ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave Assata to my friend, now just figuring out which of my clothes doesn't have enough patches sewed on... :)

      Delete
  5. Yeahhhhh bike ridin' weather! So ready for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We usually use TVP in chili -- it really needs a lot of flavor to absorb. And now I want chili! Ha. That collard wrap looks amazing -- I had something similar yesterday, but with a boring flour tortilla instead of collard greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, guess I was too late on the TVP because it is almost not chili weather anymore!
      I don't dislike flour tortillas but they always rip on me! I like collards for being so flexible. And green.

      Delete
  7. The weather has been so nice! I've been loving it and also that it is still light when I get out of work! Great looking groceries and meals. And chocolate. Really great looking chocolate ;) I also like the sun flare self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it being light when I get out of work is a BIG deal.

      Delete
  8. Sunbeams, Beer, Fire Escapes, Collards, Pumpkin Seeds, Avocado, Paradis....all your faves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! But now I realize this post is missing a cat... my other fave...

      Delete
  9. I sure am tired, a week after the time change, but evening sunshine is sooo worth it! I'm itching for summer (break)!

    Awesome haul, and I agree - Ritter deserves its own photo. ;) Hmmm... I've not used TVP when it wasn't combined with something else already, but I'm agreeing that tacos, chili, or with spaghetti and red sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TVP in a red sauce was my one idea. I oughta get to work on that.

      Delete
  10. Forget the bite, that carrot is just wonky! But, your hair is doing something uber fabulous in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.