Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Mostly Green


More days off have been lovely and productive.

A pistachio glazed/lemon filled doughnut from Dunwell's with coffee while I collage the cover of a new zine...

                                           Evolution green juice for a quick vegetable fix

Baked oatmeal raisin cookies (VCIYCJ), most of which I gave to my friend but saved some in the freezer...

Finished Gena's Buckwheat-Beet-Orange salad with sunflower feta. So pretty and really delicious.

Some Jameson and Yeats for St. Patrick's day. My brother is working in Japan this month and couldn't celebrate, so he asked I drink whiskey for him. I couldn't say no!

           Color-coded lunch! More beet-buckwheat salad, while reading a 33 1/3 about Hole.

Collard wrap with Gena's spinach-mushroom burgers, beets, tomato, and hummus. I've eaten this three times so far.

                                                 Kashi GoLean Crisp with banana

                                                     And here is Haxan on my lap :)

17 comments:

  1. That looks like a good St. Patrick's day :)

    And I've never tried raw collards for a wrap before, but you've really been inspiring me lately! I'll have to try it and let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great and so versatile! Just trim the big main stem out.

      Delete
  2. Was the Donut as unbelievably fantastic as it looks?

    Never saw Banana sliced on cereal like that.

    Haxan looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great. You could actually taste the pistachio in the glaze, it wasn't just green-colored! But it did flake off, which made it a little messy to eat.
      I find the banana easier to integrate when it's cut smaller...

      Delete
  3. That donut looks dope. (do people say "dope" anymore?)

    I wish our black cats could have a play date (so that we could also have a friend date!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just said it - you have the power to bring back "dope"!!
      Haha I think we would enjoy the playdate more than the cats would, or maybe I'm just speaking for Haxan. But it has always been a dream of mine to host a cat party!

      Delete
  4. The collard wrap is my favorite item here. I have to look up the recipe for the spinach-mushroom burgers. Are they a dehydrated burger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the recipe, in case you didn't find it: http://www.choosingraw.com/ultimate-raw-vegan-mushroom-burgers/ (I didn't realize she had them online.)
      I don't have a dehydrator (well, I do, but not here...) but Gena provides instructions for oven as well as dehydrator!

      Delete
  5. I'd never heard of the 33 1/3 series - there are so many I want to read now! NMH, AWK, JD, Kinks, Ramones, Pixies -though I wish it was the Bossonova album- Slayer! the list goes on. I'd for sure read the Hole one too, I did listen to that album a lot. How long are they on average?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my GOSH I am sorry to have had to introduce you to them, then. I am OBSESSED with them all. Even the bands that I'm not that interested make for really interesting books - and anyone can propose an album and write it, so they are all written by huge fans, which is cool. The Throbbing Gristle one is great! They're pretty short reads, too.

      Delete
  6. Yes, please. Having homemade burgers in the house is so useful! I would be eating that wrap over and over again too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So useful! I should have frozen them, maybe they would have lasted longer that way :)

      Delete
  7. Yes, tell us more about the doughnut. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was great! Lightly pistachio-y and tart lemon, it was a great combo. I could have used more filling - it was just that dollop in the middle, but I ain't complaining.

      Delete
  8. That doughnut sounds completely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read through that post, and my mind when something like this 'Donut donut donut donut donut oooh hole donut donut donut'. That donut looked nice.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.