Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Isa's Edamame Hummus

Sooo I made Isa's edamame hummus from Isa Does It, with a few spice alterations, just because I didn't have the exact spices it called for - namely, wasabi, which would have made this greener and spicier. Instead I went a cayenne/curry route.

                                               here it is being whipped together

and extra-firm tofu that had been pressed, being cooked up in a hot pan with sesame oil and some salt

                                                                     ~cat break!!!~

Isa suggests serving the hummus/tofu in a wrap with sprouts. I couldn't find sprouts in any nearby stores (but check yr local farmer's markets!) Instead I used a collard as a wrap, sliced some carrots and tomatoes in.

Alternate use: dinner plate. Red cabbage leaves (also used like a wrap,) some pretty yellow tomatoes, hummus, dehydrated black olives, tofu cubes, carrot sticks. Yeah!

8 comments:

  1. Another love letter to Isa. So sweet. Never heard of deydrated Black Olives, did you make them yourself? Thanks for including the Cat Break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When will she reciprocate??
      The olives were purchased at a local foodstore; they have a small olive bar!

      Delete
  2. So what did you think of the hummus? I've never had edamame in hummus form -- it seems like it would be a bit saltier & more umami (for lack of a better word). I see tomatoes! Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the hummus a lot! It was a bit saltier, and had a thicker texture. maybe I will try to find wasabi powder if I attempt it again, the curry was not exactly the right flavor for it.

      Delete
  3. Love Haxan's reflection on the cupboards, little rectangular sun bath :) Wasabi edamame hummus sounds really good, is that from Isa Does It?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my apartment doesn't get a ton of light so Haxan gets it where she can.
      Yep, the recipe is another Isa Does It! I love that cookbook, truely.

      Delete
  4. YUM! I need to be eating some healthy stuff like that right now. Yesterday, I had chili cheeze fries, booze, and cupcakes. Tasted great. But now I feel kinda gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthy stuff can taste great too, it turns out!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.