Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Everything Else Lately

Paradis lunch salad. I need to go grocery shopping.

                                       Spinach, quinoa, sweet potato, chickpea salad.

           A vegan, gluten-free chocolate-walnut cookie, also from Paradis. It wasn't great.

Falafel salad from maoz. I had never been here before because I am not super into chains, especially when there is falafel aplenty in NYC, but this was pretty good falafel and a ton of awesome options to throw on. I had a green mix, carrot salad, beet salad, falafel, hummus, olives, a spicy cilantro sauce, and tahini.

                                    Empty bowl with a new friend's political/short story zine.

                                          Another political zine, with raspberry leaf tea.

I'm tabling at the Brooklyn Zine Fest at the end of April. The organizers put together a one-night zine pop-up library to preview some of the zines that will be there. I went and was inspired. It was great.

                At a bar. I didn't drink it, but there was a beer called Worker's Comp! Next time.

                                snacky. This chili flavor rules. It tastes like pizza pistachios!

                            a banana, protein powder, coffee, rice milk, and cocoa smoothie.
                                                                That's all for now.

21 comments:

  1. Cool looking grub. Surprised the Cookie wasnt great based on its appearance. Perhaps you are just spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went grocery shopping after a two week interim, and in between there was a lot of whole foods hot/salad bar. You did better than me! These meals look nutritious, and... falafel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just flat out missed a lot of meals, which was NOT the best way to forget that I didn't go grocery shopping

      Delete
  3. I actually like Maoz. We used to go there when visiting family in Florida, and the food is pretty decent for a fast food chain. I think it would be fun to be a beer namer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wasn't bad! I would go back.

      Delete
  4. I hate when cookies disappoint. Cookies make me so excited, so if it tastes not that great, I am like, really let down, hahah.

    Those zines look rad.

    If I drank beer I would want to drink Worker's Comp beer! (sadly i have never liked the taste of beer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! All cookies should always be delicious! And vegan.
      I do like the taste of beer but am entirely guilty of buying beer solely for the label or name.

      Delete
  5. my friend really enjoyed maoz when he went to ny! i like a good falafel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! This wasn't the cheapest, but it was solid.

      Delete
  6. Such a shame the cookie wasn't great, it looks like it should've been a good 'un. I'm a big Maoz Fan, the topping bar is my idea of a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you really know how to party!

      Delete
  7. I love Maoz! The broccoli on the fixins bar is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try the broccoli next time, then. It just didn't jump out at me as something I would usually eat with falafel.

      Delete
  8. Great looking meals! Too bad about the cookie, it looks so good I can definitely see how it would be disappointing if it didn't taste as good as it looks. The falafel salad looks amazing! Very cool about the zine popup, glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the pop up was so fun. Really good people.

      Delete
  9. My laptop is so tiny I've got my face pressed up to the screen trying to read the covers of the hanging zines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I should just send you a bunch! I'll try to do that after the zine fest - I always have so many on hand, but never know what to do with them once I've read em. I feel like the nature of zines is to trade around, though!

      Delete
  10. That paradis salad sounds great, too bad about the cookie. There's definitely better than Maoz around here but their toppings situation is a big plus. Not sure I understand how chili flavored pistachios taste like pizza....but maybe i'm just missing out on some good pizza???!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, the pistachio flavor is hard to describe. I think it was like garlicy sauce plus hot red pepper flakes, which is how I love my (vegan) pizza.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.