Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Not a Superbowl Post

I dunno nothin bout football, but I hope you guys are eating some good food regardless. Wings, right? That's what people do on Superbowl Sunday? Here's some stuff from the last week.

Mediterranean Salad from Bite. Maybe this is a super bowl post after all, because everything in this bowl is always delicious. Their pita is always awesome too - warm and fluffy.

dessert smoothie: marley coffee protein powder, a frozen banana, almond milk, cocoa powder, maca

spaghetti with lots of veggies: mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, collard leaves, radicchio, tomato sauce

                                                                    A moon photo

                   Leftover "roasted thingies" salad with spinach, tofu, and radicchio added in.

Breakfast one morning was raw cashews and a grapefruit, snacks for later - a ginger cookie and a green juice.

This is half the ginger cookie! Look at all that candied ginger on top. This was given to me by the same vegan co-worker who gave me a Justin's pb cup back on Halloween! That guy is too nice. THANK YOU DANA.

         spinach, sweet potato, avocado, hemp seed salad with a tahini-sriracha dressing.

  A falafel with lotsa cabbage salad and pickles from Oasis before meeting my friend for drinks.

                             Lights at the bar that same night. The colors match the cabbage.

          Everything bagel with tofu cc from The Bagel Store the next morning for breakfast.

And Moroccan lentil soup for lunch.

One more salad with roasted thingies over spinach, roasted carrots thrown in, turmeric-tahini dressing post-photo.
That's a lotta food. Here's a cat.

17 comments:

  1. You sure eat some good lookin stuff. How come the Everything on your Bagel doesnt fall off like it does on mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented and the damned thing dissapeared!! Ugh.
    To recap: looks delicious, adorable that your coworker brought you a cookie, love the sweet potato salad combo, and that is a proper bagel and schmear!
    oh, and WF sells a vegan molasses cookie in the front section where you can buy individually by the muffins that has a touch of ginger to it, really very good.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I get those cookies sometimes but haven't seen them recently. They are good though. The choc chip are ok too.

      Delete
  3. Ginger cookies are the best! Especially when they're so hot, salty and mola-sassy. Sexy cookies. Good winter eats, key to surviving these dark days. Love the Mario Bava inspired bar lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mola sassy! I like it. I've been eating creamy buckwheat cereal with lots of molasses lately, it's delicious.

      Delete
  4. Sorry food, Haxan stole your thunder with that great 'do!
    That bagel. Yum. So glad I had pretty much the same thing this weekend.
    I still can't drink smoothies in the winter. Also, haven't had a Liz Lovely in forever! What a nice coworker; it makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haxan steals everyone's Thunder! Maybe not 89s.

      Delete
  5. Ya food, and also yay ignoring football. :) I always love your salads! Need to roast some of my own veg for random salad creation. PS: BAGELS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be an all-raw salad purist but roasted veg are really special in salads.

      Delete
  6. Aww Haxan!! I want to eat every bite of food pictured in this post. The Mediterranean salad and the bagel are definitely stand outs to me and that ginger cookie! Yum! The moon photo is also very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon last night was huge! But the sky that night was purpley and really cool.

      Delete
  7. You say football and I think FA Cup, not Superbowl. I approve of your super bowls (sorry) of salad. And coworkers that bring cookies. Where do I get one of them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't do the Super Bowl this year, either. Everything looks great as usual, and I'm especially envious of the ginger cookie and intrigued by coffee protein powder. I don't think I've seen that around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee protein powder doesn't taste like coffee, I'm not even sure there's any caffeine in it. But garden of life is the brand that makes it.

      Delete
  9. Maud! I checked my blog feed for the first time in over a year, and am happy to see you're still blogging! :). And PS, that falafel looks piled up with pickles, which is my kind of falafel. Dunno why that was a PS. Yay food!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.