Search This Blog

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Breakfasts

I figure this is an easier way to share the past week with you. Here are some breakfasts, along with some recent random shots. Tomorrow I'll share lunches and snacks.

                                        It's nice to feel validated about all the work that I do.

                                Avo toast with black salt, cayenne, hemp seeds. The usual.


A friend alerted me to the deliciousness of creamy buckwheat hot cereal. No more difficult to make than oatmeal. It could probably also be soaked overnight, but I ate this hot with almond milk, banana, and molasses.

                        Said molasses. Does this label bother anyone else? I dunno, weird.

Still making oats, though. This is soaked oats with vanilla protein powder, banana mashed in, and blueberries on top.

Fruit sometimes. This is a bloody blood orange. I have also been eating a lot of bananas with peanut butter on them for breakfast, but apparently got no pictures of that.

   From The Bagel Store on Metropolitan for a sesame bagel with scallion tofu cream cheese.

This is a photo from the Ridgewood Reservoir. I visited on Superbowl Sunday, so NO ONE was out. It was a nice, quiet, snowy walk.
See ya soon.

14 comments:

  1. How do they get the Scallion Cream Cheese to turn green, I wonder?

    So the Blackstrap Molasses makes you think of strap-ons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was blended together pretty intensely. I went back another day, and it was less green with larger chunks of scallion.
      Well, no, but sure. Now it will.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I think "plantation" is not a brand name anyone should be happy about at this point in time. Just rename your company, guys! It's okay! It's a pain in the ass to do all the paperwork, but do it anyway!

    PS BAGELS as always. Also avocado, oh man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaa, you would think they'd wise up.
      #BAGELS
      but don't be jealous of the avo, I hear you have delicious ones in SoCal

      Delete
  3. Love the coffeeshop sign! I saw one recently that said "you're not wearing shorts anytime soon. Come in for our hot chocolate" Made me giggle.
    Your avocado toast looks great- do you use a half avo or a whole one? I love avo toast with those thick dense dark russian/eastern european breads. Those ones where a loaf is like five pounds.
    That is a good looking bagel!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if other cities make such a big deal of coffee shop signs! The game here is intense! Did you go in for the hot chocolate? ;)
      I use half an avocado, some people use less, which baffles me! I love to load it up.
      Love that dark bread too.

      Delete
  4. All sorts of delicious breakfasts! I'm so jealous of your cream cheese availabilities. Yes, time for a new name on the molasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the few places I've seen with more than two tofu cc options. Love it.

      Delete
  5. That label is bothersome, but not as much as the hole in your bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toast hole made me uneasy too.

      Delete
    2. haha! I lost like 3 calories right there!

      Delete
  6. Ha! your response to the coffee shop sign! After thinking 'mmm molassas' -about a second passed- 'It's a pretty loud color on the bottle?' -actually reading it- 'oh wow wtf that bottle sucks'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the yellow is pretty noticeable, which is probably why I bought it. Consumer psychology! But, seriously messed up.

      Delete
  7. I need to get back to buckwheat breakfasts. And um wtf that plantation label is NOT OKAY. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.