Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Breakfasts and NO BUNNIES

Gosh, I just eat so much, I can't keep up.

                  Slices of the lemon-blueberry loaf. It has berries, so you can eat it for breakfast.

          Spinach-vanilla protein powder-frozen banana-coconut milk-lemon smoothie

Sesame seed bagel with tofu cream cheese. They accidentally toasted it, and offered another but I didn't want to waste a bagel. I don't usually get my bagels toasted because the cc melts and I think it takes away from the chewiness. In any case, this was my last one for a while because I gave up bagels for Lent :( I kinda had been too heavily relying on them.

  Today's breakfast, cooked creamy buckwheat with blueberries and hemp seeds. Coffee also.

I passed this horrible pet store while out getting groceries today. They usually have sad, wilted, puppy mill puppies in the window but now they've switched it to rabbits so that people will get excited about Spring and Easter and buy a rabbit, only to realize they have no idea how to care for one or don't really want it, and then discard it after the holiday. Animals are not seasonal toys!!

13 comments:

  1. You and that Lent. it's enough already!

    What can be done to help those poor Rabbits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never enough. I love self deprivation.
      I dunno, I've thought of spray painting on the window, or buying them all with the demand to not get any more.

      Delete
    2. You may be the first Catholic to give up Bagels for lent.

      Delete
  2. Mmm I love coconut milk and lemon together. I fresh bagel needs no toasting - good luck Lent-ing it out. Coffee, always ;)

    Ugh, I'm rubbing my face really hard, pet stores make me soo angry, buying rabbits or chicks for Easter is absurd. WTF people! Thanks for bringing it up - my psyche this new moon/ new year could use a bit more 'don't stop at vegan' vim & vigor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like it would curdle, but it's just delicious!
      I'm guilty of not voicing enough dismay in regards to animal rights, because I don't like to preach and I don't want to judge, but sometimes people legitimately don't understand why what they're doing is bad and need to stop!

      Delete
  3. I hate the horrible pet stores. Poor bunnies and puppies.

    That loaf looks delish. I'm getting inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should all read yr blog and see what sweeties can be adopted instead.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, poor bunnies! That is so disgusting and so sad :(

    That loaf seriously looks amazing. I really want lemon blueberry loaf now, I should definitely make that happen. I know what you mean about relying heavily on bagels.. New York bagels are just too damn good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic flavor combo for a reason, definitely.

      Delete
  5. I can't handle mistreatment of animals. It makes me cry! You'd think that by now, in the 21st century we as a species would have figured out that it's wrong! Argggg!!

    I like all of your breakfasts, and bagels are totally my downfall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so sad too! And even if people know better than to buy them, what's going to happen to them??

      Delete
  6. Pet stores like that are really upsetting.
    I suspect a flier with the life expectancy of a rabbit (more than 10years!) would deter most adoptions. "Your six year old daughter will have this same pet rabbit throughout high school" should do it.

    And you're crazy. Keep the bagels! Give up watermelon, or gazpacho, or vegan ice cream ...... Bagels + winter = reason to get out of bed

    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those rabbits are heartbreaking. I really don't know what to say when I see stuff like that, apart from hoping it's not too long before humanity gets more of a clue about such things. I shall look at the loaf for a more heartening sight.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.