Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Berries and Bowls

Last couple days' highlights:

                                                                    blackberries

                                                               cuddles with the fuzz

                                  Wandering, stopping into bars because it started snowing.

               Gena-influenced: raw collard salad, adzuki beans, sauerkraut, spicy hummus
 
Spaghetti over soy sauced broccoli, scallion, mushroom, and carrot with a peanut sauce

Another Isa recipe! So sue me! This was a dessert from Isa Does It, blueberry lemon loaf. I hadn't made any of the desserts in that book! Am I whack or what? It is currently cooling in my well-used kitchen.
Wonder what'll happen tomorrow. Enjoy yr extra day off, if you have it.

15 comments:

  1. I am in deep approval of that blueberry lemon loaf x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lemon Loaf is like a tiny harbinger of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's still cold as sh*t, so let the Loaf work its magic....

      Delete
  3. try the brown sugga by lagunitas! it is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will if I see it! I think I've had it before.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm the lemon loaf reminds me that I've been craving blueberry cornbread. Does that even exist? I just got a vision of it and want it in my belly. Also, I think bar stops during snow storms is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, blueberry corn muffins are definitely a thing, so yea! Go for it.

      Delete
  5. yum... I love the combo of treats and healthy bowls and cozy snacks and baked goods. That's a well-balanced diet! I have so many of the baked goodies in Isa Does It on my "to-do" list, but I really don't bake that often anymore. Alas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep a balance... :)
      Yea, I used to bake all the time and just haven't. Sad.

      Delete
  6. I want that blueberry lemon loaf in my face immediately, ha! I've been wanting to make a loaf lately but have been too lazy and/or cold to deal with it ;) Great looking meals and hooray for cuddles! I am babysitting the fur children this weekend and I can't wait for puppy and kitty cuddles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate it all already! It was very good. Surely you can bake something comparable.
      Have fun with the animals.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a nice, quiet week. Loaf looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.