Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Zines, lunches, etc.

First and foremosterly, I finished a new issue of Marmalade Umlaut, finally. It was a fun one.


Breakfast grapefruit carnage:


            Lunch of raw collard salad, roasted sweet potato, tomato, hemp seeds, and nooch.

                                                   Happy Hour drinks with Rachel.

A nice treat. Had to buy breakfast this morning but the coffee shop didn't have BAGELS!!! so I had to resort to running back to Whole Foods for fruit and grabbed this coffee drink instead.

Also unprepared for lunch today, but this was nice instead. WF salad bar: spicy cauliflower, roasted coconut curry butternut squash, and spiced tofu with bell peppers. Interesting assortment of flavors. Staying at the dude's is always cool but I hate having to buy lunch (and breakfast.) In case you couldn't tell, I have been at a loss for where to go for lunch - the WF salad bar is not the most interesting option, but it's the closest and I know there is guaranteed to be something vegan and halfway decent.

17 comments:

  1. Maybe you could stash a few bars and those dr mcdougal's quinoa cups or a can of amy's chili at work for those days you don't want to buy meals..? You could just pick up fruit at the bodega or whatever...
    That califa coffee sounds great! Cafe Grumpy (my favorite coffeeshop ever) uses califa and i swear that's why i'm such a fan....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'll try to remember that.
      I haven't been to Cafe Grumpy! But now I really want to. Love the Califa drinks.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing another issue of Marmalade Umlaut! I wish I had the dedication to actually finish a project that I start! The meals look good, I especially love the pic of the grapefruit carnage. I always love seeing what people get from the Whole Foods hot bar. Probably because I am nosy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure when you find something you really love to do, you'll finish and continue the project too.
      I'm super nosy about WF purchases! I always look in other people's baskets and everything.

      Delete
  3. Spicy cauliflower, tofu, curry, what's not to love? Probably the price, I guess, and that the stuff you make at home is just as good. Iced vegan coffee is rare as hen's teeth over here, so that looks mighty exciting to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cauliflower was awesome! Oh, and I think there were roasted green beans in there too...
      Iced vegan coffee sounds like the easiest thing to make and sell! Tell those Brits to get on it.

      Delete
  4. No bagels, whaaat! Unacceptable in NYC. Just sayin'. That coffee + almond milk drink looks rocking though. Wish we had those around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Not sure if they didn't get the delivery or what, but I was bummed.
      You probably do alright making yr own ice coffee down there. And save some $.

      Delete
  5. Who's the dude? I feel like I missed an episode!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt get the last issue of M.U. Guess my subscription ran out. Lousy customer service.

    Why not get a Donut every 'morning after' with the Dude? Or isnt the Donut place en route to work, just home? He had better be vegan, that's all I can say (for now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a talk with customer service. To be honest, I don't pay them that well.
      The donut place is on the way home, not to work :( But I'm headed there soon so I'm wondering if I should get a donut or a bagel tomorrow morning...
      He is very much not vegan, but at least he eats his vegetables.

      Delete
  7. Yay, new issue! But NO BAGELS? Definitely unacceptable. I think stashing edibles at work is definitely a good plan as long as you have a fridge etc available (or the ability & inclination to eat an entire can of chickpeas at once, I guess). Hearty salads always worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly a shame. Unless they sold out, which I can understand because...New Yorkers love our bagels.
      I probably COULD eat a can of chickpeas at once, but I'm not sure I'd want to.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.