Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pretty in Pink

Short post today, but maybe this is more manageable if I want to post more frequently.
Yesterday's breakfast.

Everything is slightly off balance in this photo, but I like the smiling coffee. The grapefruit was awesome. So juicy I had to try some before taking the picture.
Today's breakfast, also pink and also delicious.

Peach and strawberry smoothie with coconut milk, coffee. The peaches were frozen from this summer at their peak ripeness!
Grocery haul today.

2 avocados, bag of carrots, bread, 3 sweet potatoes, Kashi (on sale for $2.99), spinach, canned tomatoes, 2 cans of coconut milk, 2 onions, and olives. Total was $21.99.
I roasted the carrots, whipped up Gena's tahini-turmeric dressing, and made a salad for dinner.

Raw kale salad, hemp seeds, homemade hummus (from Appetite for Reduction), roasted carrots, avocado, tahini-turmeric dressing. Good stuff.
That's all for now. I am feeling a lot better today and getting cabin feverish. I need to save some money after the medical billz, but I want to get out and eat/do fun stuff soon. Here's hoping for a cheap middle ground.

17 comments:

  1. Grapefruit in the middle of winter is so good! CITRUS. And I'm jealous of your Valentina mug every time I see it. It's not like I actually need any more mugs (or drinking equipage of any kind) but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you know it! Haha I try not to buy too many mugs, this one I NEEDED.

      Delete
  2. Nice grocery haul, and a fantastic price to boot! My medical bills are slowly starting to roll in, so I will cheers with you on saving money and finding a cheap middle ground! So glad you're feeling better - if we don't have our health...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have good insurance. mine actually came through for me more than I expected.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that turmeric dressing!! I have a bit left from when I made it last week, and I can't wait to eat it on salads all week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, but I'm worried that you'll turn pink...like that time Billy Bob Thornton only ate orange foods and turned into John Boehner. So glad to see your real carrots; I'm vehemently opposed to "baby" carrot nubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been orange, I'd rather be pink!
      Baby carrots are always slimy! Blech.

      Delete
  5. Why arent you drinking one of those delightful Turmeric Elixirs that you love so much? You can drink the pink one made with Beet Juice,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of the pink meals! The smoothie is gorgeous and sounds so good. I should stash some summer fruit in the freezer at peak ripeness. Nice looking haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually so lazy and forgetful about freezing ripe produce, but the peaches were about to turn and fruit is about the least difficult thing to freeze. Plus buying frozen fruit can get pricey! I wish I'd frozen some ripe cherries when they were on sale.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, that smiling coffee is precious. : ) All that food looks super tasty and like the kind of food that makes you feel healthy and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly regaining health, it feels great.

      Delete
  8. It sort of looks like your smiling coffee is about to be eaten by a grapefruit pac-man. This can only be a good thing. Also, you have inspired salad envy. I'm going to shovel tumeric dressing down my throat til it comes out of my ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing! Pac man!
      Go slow on the dressing, it'll still be there.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.