Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Lunches + Ladies

There is a sale on Abe's mini muffins so I'm buying and eating a lot of them. These are cranberry zest. Not too zesty, but tasty.


One lunch prepared by me, and then two prepared by other people because I've been busy and kind of running around lately.

                 Raw kale salad, sweet potato, chickpeas, avocado, and turmeric dressing.
Whole Food salad bar:

                         tabbouleh, falafel, hummus, shredded beets, and roasted eggplant.

From Paradis. Peanut rice noodles with radishes, cilantro, and sambal roasted Brussels sprouts.
Been eating a lot of citrus.

Here's a cute lil segment from a cara cara orange.
My awesome friend Alicia invited me and a few other ladies to her apartment the other night to talk about feminism and what it means to be a female these days. It was a good time with some really chill people. So lucky to have supportive, creative, intelligent, hilarious female friends in my life.

This is a picture of Alicia's pup, Booger! He was a doll. I'm kind of allergic to dogs but I wanted to throw my arms around him.
From her place, I went to my parents' house. They are in Bath, England, so I am occasionally stopping by their house to take care of the cats (on days I'm not there, other people stop by.)

I was up early and took this photo of Cicero watching the world wake up outside the window.
Enjoy the weekend, duuuudes.

13 comments:

  1. I think if I lived near Paradis I'd go get that peanut noodle dish for dinner tonight. I'm so hungry I'm being easily influenced — might have to cook something similar...First I think I'll go eat an orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours would probably be better! This was a little clumpy, but Paradis is always good for inspiration.
      Glad to see you back around.

      Delete
  2. What a haunting picture of Cicero - one of my favorite quotes from his namesake “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” I wrote that on the walls of the last carpentry job I was on before the insulation covered it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cicero was a smart man, and is a smart cat.

      Delete
  3. Speaking of 'namesakes", I hope Booger wasnt looking at his when you took that picture.

    Your social life is so fascinating to me. Just like what you picked for yourself off the WF's Salad Bar -- I would never pick any of that stuff. I a
    ways appreciate your sharing your life.

    Excellent pic of Cicero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah Booger was probably looking at mine.
      People tend to like to hear about non-food stuff as well as the Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies, is what I've found.

      Delete
  4. wow. i will never get used to typing on this ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mini muffins looks so yummy. I haven't had a Muffin in the longest time. Your lunches look yummy too, both homemade and store bought. Sounds like a nice get together you had with your friends! And the baby Orange segment is so adorable!!

    Love love love the pic of Cicero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am addicted to those muffins. Like, dangerously so. It's hard for me to tell when I've had a serving size...

      Delete
  6. Women talking to each other in a room about being women is so fucking amazing. The feminist book club I'm in seriously keeps me going sometimes! It feels so restorative to share feminist space like that!

    Food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Everyone should have the luxury. I love talking books too, a feminist book club sounds perfect.

      Delete
  7. Is Haxan missing you like crazy when you're at your parents'?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for feminist spaces! Yay for mini muffins!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.