Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Healthy Pre-Holidays

Keeping the party going:

Lunch with a co-worker at a nearby bar. Yes, this is bar food! Soft pita, cucumbers, olives, and two huge scoops of hummus, for 7 bucks! And a Sam Adams seasonal, because they had a hard time getting Goose Island out of the tap? Whatever. We needed a lunch beer during the busy holiday season. He asked, "Did you just take a photo of yr lunch?" "Yes, now, hush."

Grocery shopping from last week, which reminds me of how little food I currently have in the house. Collards, 2 Snapdragon apples, and Jerusalem artichokes, all from the Union Square farmer's market.

Trader Joe's stop: crackers, pound of chocolate (to make bark, if I hurry up,) Speculoos cookies, 2 packs of tempeh, Gluten-Free bread.

Sundried tomatoes, since I'm sad about the lack of lycopene all winter long, raw sunflower seeds, cucumber, Black mission figs, tofy, dried apricots, Everything bagels.

                          Toasted TJ Everything bagel with mashed avocado and black salt.

Had to break into the Speculoos cookies, after all the raves. I'm proud of how I'm pacing myself on these.
    Collard wrap with roasted beet, cucumber, tempeh, hummus, and sriracha. Times two.

                                                                   A snapdragon snack

                                           GFtoast with avocado, cayenne, and black salt.

This is an underwhelming photo, but the salad was very good. Spinach, bell pepper, tempeh, farro, roasted Jerusalem artichokes, roasted beets, and figs. Put a lemon-tahini dressing on top.

                                  Up early one morning after some rain. The sky looked nice.

After wasting a lot of time looking out the window, I scarfed down some warm oatmeal with goji berries and molasses.
I really waited last minute on these posts, huh? Probably won't post tomorrow, but will have a wrap of Christmas and a holiday party later. Happy Holidays, guys.

9 comments:

  1. Super healthy eats indeed! Everything looks so good and I'm definitely going to be making avocado toast now! Looks like you got some great stuff from the market. Definitely jealous of the collard wrap! I see lettuce wraps in my near future!

    Enjoy your holiday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to hold back buying too much from the market, as I had other errands to run, but there was so much great produce.
      Happy Holidays to you and yr family.

      Delete
  2. Bagels, bagels, bagels! And that collard wrap looks especially enticing. You have to love ALL THE VEG, especially in the depths of winter. :) Hope you're feeling better & happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collard wrap was good! I so often forget to make them, but yes, it's so necessary to up the vegetable intake in these dark, cold months.

      Delete
  3. I thought you had a proper bagel shop near you! The collard wrap looks amazing- trader joes tempeh is great, some aren't as good raw. That's an impressive lunch for a bar for sure.
    Glogg is a swedish/scandanavian thing, a fruity red wine warmed with cinnamon, orange peel, ginger, cardamom pods, cloves, sugar, and sometimes raisins and almonds (i leave those out), usually fortified with vodka or brandy. Nothin' too it, and perfect for parties!
    Merry merry to you and your family :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not near my apartment, no. Actually these are the Trader Joes "artisan" bagels (whatever that means) that come 3 to a pack, and actually are not bad. Cheaper than what I'd buy at a shop, also.
      Glogg sounds fantastic - we had pleeeeennnty of alcohol at our celebration but something warm might have been nice. merry everything to you too!

      Delete
  4. I am aching for a clear blue sky like on your roof - been pretty foggy these past weeks. I'll dose up on lycopene too! Cheers to a rocka rolla 2015 from out West! This is going to be a good year - I can feel it in my bones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we've had the fog for a while now too but hopefully it will clear up for us both soon. Vitamin D!
      Happy Holidays, happy Birthday, and Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  5. I could have sworn I commented on this post. What happened to my witty and well-thought out comment?! What did you do with it?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.