Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Punk Prep Party

Yesterday was another Monday prep day, with high hopes for the week.

Breakfast first - overnight oats with pumpkin, mulberries, maca, protein powder. While cooking rice. Finally finished a 5? 10? lb. bag from last year.
Then I went out and bought groceries:

      broccoli, collard greens, spaghetti squash, 2 persimmons, 2 avocados, a Justin's pack.

                                        yams, bananas, lemons, a lime, and mushrooms.

                                    Finally made raw collard salad again! I love it so much!
I like to prep to music, usually it's punk, just because that's almost all I listen to, but it also gets me in a productive zone. This week it was the Ramones and I got caught up in it and started playing air guitar on a collard leaf while making the salad. Typical vegan punks, right? I took a photo of the collard guitar and realized I was even wearing a Ramones shirt (Joey Ramone, as drawn by Derf Backderf.)


Other prep was cooking the spaghetti squash and the yams. Also set out some chickpeas to soak.


Here is today's lunch: raw collards, baked yam, rice, and pepitas. Topped off with nooch.
 
This (or something similar) will probably happen a lot this week. Here's some Ramones for you, too, unless you prefer to cook to something else?

14 comments:

  1. Awww yes! Rocket to Russia & Road to Ruin were my first ever cassettes! All time favorite band. Your shirt is awesome. I Believe in Miracles makes me swoon hard. Best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Ramones! And yeah, those are two amazing albums. Not a bad song on em.

      Delete
  2. Monday prep days are the best :) I did the same on Monday. I love your haul! I'm a little jealous of your persimmons, I want to try them but can't seem to find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have been lazy putting them to use, so one went bad... I should make a salad soon.

      Delete
  3. you are adorbs. i love prepping to music too. i'm sad to say my punk roots, musically, have been falling by the wayside to a bunch of hip-hop lately. still some gritty punk-influenced lady musicians though. i don't know, it's weird how i go through musical moods.

    i should probably have more air guitar-ing in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I go through music moods too, sometimes I wish my tastes were broader but I just don't have the energy to find out about new music, so it's just the same stuff I've always listened to. Am willing to take recommendations, though!
      Air guitar-ing is a good way to start every day.

      Delete
  4. What are your plans for the Avocado?

    My prep day was Sunday. Made the Pumpkin Pancakes and the Soup. Toiled in silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mushing them on toast, mainly. It's been a while since I bought GF bread so morning avo toast has not been happening lately and it's sad!
      Toiling in silence is also sad! Did you at least chant "toil, toil, bubble and boil" to yrself as you made the soup?

      Delete
  5. My new job provides meals so I am spoiled and not cooking, so I am living vicariously through my blogger friends. Please try the Theo cups; they have them at the USQ WFM and I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I should actually look for those cups, I have a very addictive personality...

      Delete
  6. wow those overnight oats look incredible. i love mulberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that bowl with the rice and baked yams looks delicious. I need more grain/veg bowls in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.