Search This Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

From the last week

Everything else that's been going into my mouth, plus some other things going on in my life:

                                         Juice I'm drinking (on the train), plus Crass patch

Okay so I was stuck in Jersey one night and got lost coming to work the next morning and ended up confused on Wall Street and had no food to eat at work, that was all a mess. But I did wander to the West Village when all was sorted out and get this lunch out of it all - curried chickpeas, raw kale salad, marinated carrots, and a slab of pesto tofu under it all. This is from LifeThyme's salad bar.

                                                             I also got a cookie.
The one good thing about being at my friend's place in Jersey was meeting this most beautiful dog!!! He was so chill and well-behaved, and I'm not usually a dog person at all.


Been eating lotsa farmer's market apples:
                                   (Lost the other one of these gloves in fuckin Jerz though)
Coffee and a Rising Sun smoothie another morning (well, kinda - it's been a while since I've made one so I'm not sure that's really what this flavor was but whatever)
                      Spinach, banana, ginger, spirulina, tahini, molasses, protein powder
I also made Isa's Sunflower mac again. This sauce is pretty amazing.
                                                 undressed, with kale and mushrooms
                                                   Sauced up, with paprika dusting.

                 A friend also gave me this poster! It's hanging in the kitchen above the stove

Still reading Bad Feminist, here with a seasonal Bell's Winter White beer. Anyone else read this? Thoughts? I'm conflicted, but I want to love it.
Just a funny sticker I saw on the street:

"Always be yourself but if you can be Darth Batman, always be Darth Batman." WORDS TO LIVE BY. That's all for now. Be well.

19 comments:

  1. You exemplify grabbing life by the balls on occasion, Glad you survived another wild night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been some trip to jersey!! Hopstop doesn't work out there? ;) who knew life thyme had such a great salad bar....sounds like i need to make a point of going.
    I want to see nirvana for $22.50! I still secretly crave 90s music. (Well not a secret if you see my pandora stations) I don't understand fingerless gloves- my fingers are the part that gets the coldest!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing works in Jersey! bah!
      LifeThyme has an Amazing salad bar! I love it, but it's pretty expensive. I too would love to see Nirvana play...and for 22 bucks especially.
      The gloves were a gift, and I love them but my fingers do get pretty cold too, haha.

      Delete
  3. I picked up George Berger's The Story of Crass from Pioneers Press a while back but haven't gotten to reading it yet. Your friend must have mellow super powers to chill out a husky - always be Darth Bat- always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book sounds great! I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  4. Venturing out to Jersey, look at you! Sounds like quite an adventure ;) what a beautiful pup! That juice looks so good. I keep forgetting to get cranberries to juice with some apples, I should get on that. I love the lemon poppyseed flavor of that brand, it is so good.

    That poster is awesome!! 90s music was seriously the best. That really sucks about the glove, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wonder if I'd be able to make a similar drink. It was actually pretty cheap, I guess cuz people don't love cranberry juice. But if one were to mull spices into it, it'd be soo good!
      I found the other glove!

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness there was a dog to make Jersey less trying. And what a beaut! I just found a sealed bag of (probably expired) sunflower seeds in my fridge and I'm wondering if it's worth a shot because that looks impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were actually a number of sweet dogs out that weekend, but no 89 spottings.
      I feel like as long as the seeds were in the fridge they're probably ok?

      Delete
    2. Any expired Nuts and Seeds can be put out for birds and squirrels to let them decide if still edible.

      Delete
  6. I have a weird hate of sunflower seed butter, but that mac looks so darn good, I may have to reconsider.

    I haven't read Bad Feminist in book form yet, but I have read a number of the essays that are in the book. I usually agree with her, but not always. And I really didn't like her most recent fiction novel (so.rapey.). But I hope to read the book all the way through soon for some more conclusive verdicts.

    Okie, gonna go listen to crass now. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sauce was soaked raw seeds, no butter - although I actually am a fan of sunflower seed butter.... so maybe you wouldn't love it.
      The essays in Bad Feminist were mostly strong on their own, but she uses tropes and figures of speech that get tiring when repeated essay after essay. I'd probably have preferred them when read one at a time. But it's still pretty good. Haven't read the fiction yet though. Let me know if you read B.F!

      Delete
  7. that sunflower mac...swoon! and what a beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce was really special. So was the pup.

      Delete
  8. Loving the dog. Huskies' eyes get me every time. Beautiful. Still, not as beautiful as sunflower mac and cheese. How was the cookie?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Huskies are so wonderful, no? They're regal.
      The cookie was a little stale, unfortunately...

      Delete
  9. What I would give to get lost on Wall Street and wander into the West Village for something to eat right now. Unless it's really cold. Aww, I miss my huskey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty cold here now, but still a good walk to get lost on. :) Hope you are well, Jenny!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.