Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2014

All Kinds

Here's some, like, food n stuff from the last week.

overnight oatmeal breakfast - oats, golden (grey) mulberries, protein powder, maca, almond milk

roasted cauliflower, soba noodles, chard - topped off post-photo with a miso-tahini sauce. Really filling and delicious, if slightly overcooked noodles. Had leftovers the next day for lunch, and the wind kept blowing my chard off the fork and the cauliflower dropped everywhere and it was cold and I was angry.

Lemony baby kale, quinoa with golden raisins, harissa chickpeas. Perfection from Paradis.

A co-worker made vegan chocolate chip cookies, even though she's not vegan, just nice. When she wants to be.

 I was a responsible person and finished my green juice first before eating the cookie though.

                  Sorta sad looking chard wrap as a quick dinner one night. It's been forevarrr.

Stuffed with Treeline cashew cheese, pumpkin puree, chili sauce, and carrot ribbons. I'm low on everything.

One or two more days left of the sweet potato curry. Yea yo.
Hope you guys are doing well. Talk to yahs soon.

17 comments:

  1. Yum, amazing looking meals! I was planning on making a dish similar to your soba noodle dish (using farro instead) next week and now I'm extra excited to try it. Yours looks amazing. The meal from paradis also looks delicious. Very responsible to drink the green juice before the cookie and what a thoughtful coworker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, farro is fun. Can't wait to see yr version.

      Delete
  2. great inspiration; I have soba noodles that need attention I don't know why I've never thought of using chard for a wrap I love collards but can find them around here often enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soba! I used to eat more gluten free noodles but soba is too fun, and seems to hold sauces better. Collards and chard both have room in my heart.

      Delete
  3. Vegan cookies? Gold star for your workmate. Send her over to mine office whenever she annoys you, as long as she's got the vegan goods. In the meantime, I salute the soba, an excellent choice of noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to send her over there permanently.

      Delete
  4. What exactly are the hidden rules of English behaviour? I'll be damned if I would have eaten that Cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it touched a book? Or because it might have not been vegan?

      Delete
    2. Unless your co-worker is following the rules of English Behaviour, I will bet that CC Cookie had both Butter and Eggs,

      Delete
  5. I need to try the cashew cheese. Sounds good, and if I put that in a wrap - I'd eat them daily! And the overnight oats are looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheese is expensive but it lasted me so long that I think it's ok. And it's very good, but you may as well make yr own.

      Delete
  6. I'm totally going to copy that overnight oat flavor combo! Sounds so good! What brand of mulberries (or superfood berry types in general) do you buy? I always want to buy them to add to oats and smoothies, but they are usually so pricey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand of mulberries I buy is International Harvest. The bag is small enough that it's not a huge setback and big enough that it kiiiind of counts as bulk price? Goji berries I can find in bulk, though.

      Delete
  7. Those harissa chickpeas sound awesome. And that soba noodle dish looks great too. So sad about the wind blowing your chard off the fork though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yea. It happens. Damn those light leafy greens.

      Delete
  8. that co-worker is a keeper! yay for vegan baked goods! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.