Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2014

Season's Greetings

Hellooooo. Happy Fall. It definitely is beginning to feel like it's here and I love it.

First pumpkin I've eaten this season! I held off. For breakfast: oats, pumpkin, maca powder, cashew butter, cinnamon and raisins. With feminist coffee.


Two lunches I've had lately:

                                                 rice, spinach, tomato, mushrooms

                              From Paradis: tahini chickpeas with roasted Brussels sprouts

Greg had a book release party at Book Thug Nation (if you guys are familiar with Aaron Cometbus, !! he co-owns the place) and I and two other people also read. THAT WAS A STRESSFUL NIGHT but, ya know what, I did it and I read my poetry again a few days after that and it was less stressful. Anyway, Pam and Ed kindly gave me this chocolate bar after the reading. Mast Brothers make suuuper fancy chocolate and their store is across the street from Book Thug.
I have been not so great about cooking or eating lately but I hope to remedy that today. Until I have some food to show you, here's a rainbow I woke up to this morning.

20 comments:

  1. Hell yea Cometbus! Good on ya reading in front of a group, I would have stopped breathing and passed out. Your oats look delicious. I almost bought a Mast bar in a shop on the west coast but the 14$ price tag made me put it down, killer gift though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost stopped breathing! Dang, yeah, I've never bought one of those bars for myself... 14 is hefty!

      Delete
  2. Sharing your work in public has got to be one of the hardest things to do — kind of like running around naked and yelling, "Hey, look at me!" Glad you felt good after, and were willing to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for fall and hooray for pumpkin! Tis the season all right! My favorite season :) I've been really loving the weather lately, it's so crisp and cool! Your pumpkin-y oats look so delicious and the Paradis meal looks really yummy too. I should definitely roast some veggies soon. That rainbow is so pretty!

    Chocolate with almonds is my favorite, I bet that bar was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the weather too! Even the kinda rainy days like today.
      The bar was actually a little too dark for me! I usually get down with the dark stuff but I shared most of this.

      Delete
  4. Eating Pumpkin. Reciting Poetry. Receiving expensive Chocolate. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for seasonal food inspo. last week i made pumpkin chili and it was good. today i picked some poms off my tree and used the seeds of one and tossed them into my chickpea salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That chili sounds great! Also, I love pomegranate. You are lucky to have a tree to grab one from.

      Delete
  6. Great rainbow! So at first I misread and thought you said you ate two lunches. I can't be the only one! I'm a Mast fan; the tour is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a chocolate tour. Does it come with samples?

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the reading! Not sure i would have survived that.... The pumpkiny oatmeal looks great- do you have it with some kind of milk? And the tahini chickpess sound great but paradis pulled those brussels a good 20 minutes before "roasted"! Were they still super crunchy in the middle?
    Mast bros chocolate is resson to be friends with about anyone....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No milk. I like my oatmeal dense. Just hot water poured over. Haha, the sprouts were pretty good but you're right, I might have given them a little longer.

      Delete
  8. Readings can definitely be super stressful. Good for you! Chocolate certainly helps too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, the pumpkin oats sound so delicious and fall-y. I'm glad you got through the reading okay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a fan of fall food. Sure, I miss saying goodbye to all the sweetcorn and tomatoes, but I can always dry my tears on a Jerusalem artichoke and a big old squash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A spiny artichoke! Be careful not to poke yr eye out.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.