Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Heavy on the Yogurt

I'm taking antibiotics (no, not for Ebola) and therefore making a conscious effort to eat food with probiotics to keep the balance. Luckily, WholeSoy & Co yogurts were on sale this week at a dollar/per.
Yogurt breakfast varities:

                                          blueberry with banana cut in, at my desk at work

                                                           peach with goji berries

                                                          raspberry with banana
It has also been rainy here lately, so a lot of my meals were ingested at my desk, rather than go out and get soaked under my busted umbrella through my busted boots. Booorrring.

                                                       Farmers market macoun apple

                                                        cashew-raisin mix, crotch shot

These carrots and hummus were lunch 3 days this week, along with Knudsen spicy veggie juice. I was also chugging other green juices and kombucha daily. (Well, half a bottle, to make them last 2 days. Health is expensive.)

                 spinach, avocado, tofu salad with cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar.
Also on sale this week were the seasonally released So Delicious coconut milks. Got one Nog flavor, hopefully to bake with later, and a Pumpkin Spice one - also purportedly to bake with, but I couldn't resist adding some to my morning coffee.


Another treat this week was a handful or so of a Halloween bag full of Peanut Chews:


And here's a trick, a black magic babe who somehow appeared on the counter where she shouldn't be.


See you all hopefully sooner rather than later.

12 comments:

  1. It's nog season already? WELL. I may need to take a trip to the store, in that case. :) Also: YOGURT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically I think they are pushing the boundaries on Nog Season, but I'll take it when I can.

      Delete
  2. You know books and coasters arent one and the same. I would think the store would frown upon putting food and drink on the merchandise. Am I being too uptight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm totally distracted by the fitness book under your yogurt in the first shot...! Not what i imagine you reading- although maybe you have to for work?
    The yogurty breakfasts look great, and good idea to up the probiotics. You know miso paste has a ton of pre and probiotics too? Just don't boil it or you kill them. That knuedson's veggie juice is good! I pick it up when it goes on sale. And in the winter its good to sip hot too.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yea, those are just books I have to enter for work. I occasionally flip through but that's about it, hah.
      I always forget about miso's probiotics. That cheesy broccoli soup actually had some miso in it, so I should be good!
      Awesome tip on the hot veg juice! I would never have thought of that. I also want to try those savory teas, have you heard of those?

      Delete
  4. Love the preying mantis plate. Am I seeing a circle of mantis arms beneath the rim? -as if they are clapping and throwing roses to the manits of the hour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's say yes. Mantis of the Hour! Love it.

      Delete
  5. Oooh lots of great looking stuff! I still haven't found a vegan yogurt that I love but I'm still holding out hope. Have you ever tried the So Delicious Greek Style Yogurt? I'm curious but I also am afraid of trying another gross yogurt. I also need to get my hands on some of the chocolate peppermint milk they put out and I want to try the new tub of coconut whipped cream! So much fun stuff!

    I hope you feel better soon! Looks like you are eating a lot of great healthy food to help get you back to 100%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the So Delicious Greek Yougrt, and BLECH. Did not like. It was bland, yet sour, and the texture was too thick for me.
      The chocolate peppermint milk is also out! I held off because that is a little too Christmas-y too soon for me, but yea, I love that stuff too. It's great warm.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to see you like Whole Soy. I'll have to give a try, because, like Sarah, I also have not found a brand I like. And just seeing that pumpkin spice coconut milk is gonna make me go get some. Oh how I love seasonally appropriate theme food & beverage!

    Also, your crotch looks delicious. I mean your nuts do. I MEAN I MEAN. #seehwatididthere #jokez

    ...What I really mean is that cashews and raisins are a great combo.

    ALSO, love to yr magic black cat. I have a black cat now too and he's very excited about Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.