Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014, Day 9: Park Picnic

I took Thursday off to eat bonbons in bed and catch up on soaps. Later in the day I met up with my friend Alicia in Union Square Park for a late lunch once she got off work.
I feel like SOME of you doubt that I actually have friends and am not just eating all this food alone, so here is Alicia:


She is texting me to see where I am, oblivious to the fact I am totally creepin behind her. Nota Bene: maybe don't creep up behind people who work in a coffee shop and are therefore totally wired when you tap them on the shoulder.
We found a spot in the grass and emptied out the goods.

We are badass punksss so we snuck beers out of gigantic bags that hopefully made it look more like we were hyperventilating into paper bags rather than drinking our anxiety away.

 I brought crackers and Treeline nut cheese (herb-garlic flavor,) taking a cue from J. Legume.

   It was good stuff. Soft and tangy. Alicia didn't try any, as she is suspicious of vegan cheese.

                                             Alicia also brought watermelon and mango

                                                           There were carrots as well.
Then a Hare Krishna came up and offered us a book and talked to us about vegetarianism and punk and philosophy and reincarnation and eternity and I spilled my beer and then the Hare Krishna left and Alicia and I talked about relationships and depression and abortion and Halloween and why she eats meat and all these things can happen when you hang out with a friend and eat vegan food yay wow.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun picnic & I'm totally blogging about that cheese tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Can't wait to see what you think.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was. I wish Alicia and I could hang out with you!

      Delete
  3. Heavy topics on both sides of your picnic but I like how it all concludes with Halloween, as it should ;)
    Is it weird I never see Hare Krishna's in the country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes. Ghosties forever!
      Probably not too weird.

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Sounds like a perfect picnic in the park. I am not weary of vegan cheese, and will therefore be sniffing around for it in the stores...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not cheap but not as expensive as J. Legume's Dr. Cow!

      Delete
  5. the accompanying pics of your friends legs helps me believe.

    you are sure consuming a lot of beer during this mofo. is this to cope with the socializing theme, because, if so, it is definitely worth it.

    the hare krishna encounter sounds interesting, but I fail to see the connection between your spilling your beer and his finally going away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keepin the faith.
      The beer is the only way I can handle being around most people. Plus my friends and I are very thirsty people.
      That may have been out of order. She didn't leave beCAUSE I spilled the beer. I just spilled it cuz I'm a klutz.

      Delete
  6. Aww how fun!! Picnics are the best and it looks like you packed a really yummy, lovely picnic lunch. That cheese looks really great too. I'm a little jealous of this whole excursion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could never hang out with people this much! You are a socializing warrior. It probably helps that they all seem like cool folks. I just spotted that cheese at Whole Foods and now I'm thinking I'll have to splurge on some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this post makes me so sentimental for the NYC punk park hangs of my yoot. Although those probably consisted of 100% less food, and 100% more 40s. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.