Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014, Day 8: CitiField

Wednesday night, I saw my sister for the first time in two years! My friend Scott and I had made plans to catch one last baseball game for the season and my sister, who is visiting from Spain with her boyfriend, Miguel, came too. She wanted to show him the Fall Classic, I guess.
See, classic:

                                           Plaid, baseball, and apples. It's that time again!!

                       (As an aside, this is the colorful state the farmer's market is in these days)
Nice night for a game:

CitiField is incidentally voted #4 on PETA's list of most-vegetarian friendly ballparks. San Francisco Giants have #1. Our seats were way, way up (as you can see) so there weren't too many food options, but I did grab a veggie dog to nosh with my apple and expensive as hell beer.

I inexplicably put pickles on the dog. Not relish. Don't ask why. But it was pleasant enough. It's cool to have the full baseball experience, even as a vegan. Didn't have any peanuts or Cracker Jacks, though.
Good game, the Mets won 2-0 against the Colarado Rockies. My sis and Miguel went home, and Scott and I grabbed a couple more beers on the way back (Not $11!!!) and thus we ease into Autumn.

22 comments:

  1. $11 for beer? I don't really drink too much beer but dayum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that they have a veggie dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go veggie dogs! I think I've only seen one baseball match, and I loved the fact that you can get a beer while you watch - not so with football over herel. I wonder how vegan friendly footie stadiums are over here? I feel an investigation coming on. Also, pickles are very very very right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT!??? I thought the Brits needed beer with a game!! How do you sit through it??

      Delete
  4. Clearly you put pickles on the dog because they are way better than relish! Totally superior in every way. :) I miss NYC dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you for the pickle vote of confidence!

      Delete
  5. Exciting news about Sis and Miguelito! but not as exciting about the news that Nathans has a Veggie Dog. There is hope for the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siiiii, it was cool to see sis & meet miguel. my brother is coming in tonight and it'll be a big ole reunion. The veggie dog is actually Yves brand, not Nathans... but they put it in the same box.

      Delete
    2. good enuf for me! Maybe you can enter Nathans Hot Dog eating contest next year!

      Delete
    3. Hey, look at me! I replied in the right spot this time!

      Delete
  6. How nice to be able to see your sister! And it sounds like a really fun time too. I haven't been to CitiField yet but I've heard it is really nice. I had no idea that it was so veg friendly! That's really great! Looks like a beautiful evening and hooray for fall! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CitiField is nice, but I still miss Shea! Apparently there are really good BBQ beans at Shake Shack too.

      Delete
    2. Shea was the best, so many great memories there!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh! I remember when she left - for Spain, yes? I bet it was so wonderful to see her.

    Hooray for baseball games! 2-0 means it must have been a quick game! Holy cow that's low scoring! I would venture to say that veggie dogs exist at Coors Field (yes, after the beer) but don't want the off chance that my innards disagree with it, and I'm stuck at the stadium. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! So long ago!
      It was a slow game pitching-wise at first, but there wasn't much hitting so it sped up later.
      The bathrooms at Citi are eco-friendly in case the dogs don't agree with your stomach :)

      Delete
  8. Fun! Great that they have a veggie dog there! And the beer is $$$ just so people are less likely to drink too much- but that is stupid expensive.

    Love the tomato rainbow in the farmers market pic. Farm lady was totally caught snacking there!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention they were 24 oz...so it sounds a LITTLE better, but not much :)
      Haha, I thought the farm lady was grillin me!

      Delete
  9. all those tomatoes & eggplants! wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a white eggplant today. So pretty.

      Delete
  10. Online Easy Jobs from home with data entry, copy pasting, facebook jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.