Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014, Day 18: Adios, Hermana

Hola. Miguel and my sister have gone back to Spain! We had one last dinner with the folks before they left. We all met up in Astoria at a Greek seafood restaurant, which meant a lot of side dishes for me. It was fine, and I understand that my parents wanted to make sure Miguel really experienced all the diversity of the city.
On the way over, there was a rainbow and an amazing sunset:


Once we all got there, we started with bread and a big salad for everyone to share. And white wine.


Then some grilled vegetables: eggplant, zucchini, pepper.


Liz with the plate of veggies.


Everyone ordered some fish. I ate more salad, plus some of these lemony roasted potatoes. They were very good.


Here Liz is showing the onesie Miguel bought for his niece! Too cute.


We finished the meal with ouzo with ice water. Liz, Miguel, and I went into Manhattan to meet up with some of her friends at a bar. I stayed for a couple more beers and that was that! It was so nice to see her after so long and so nice to meet miguel. I hope to make it to Spain sometime to visit them.
Also, sorry I have not been posting as much as I'd like to. I have been busy, though not always in friend or food ways. I want to make it to 20 posts for the MoFo month. I'll have another post up later today, and hopefully one tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a really nice send off dinner! The best thing about Greek restaurants is that there is always a vegan option. The veggies, salad and potatoes look amazing and I'm sure they were satisfying. The sunset and rainbow are gorgeous and your sister with the onesie is too cute!

    You are doing an amazing job this MoFo! The number of posts doesn't matter, your content has been phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, so cool they got a rainbow on their last day here! The potatoes were awesome. I did have to eat around the feta in the salad but it was ok.
      The content has maybe been off and on, but thanks for saying so, haha.

      Delete
  2. The sunset and rainbow pics are just beautiful! Sounds like you're having a lot of nice family time!

    Also, I nominated you for another Liebster Award, which I've already done before, but I got it again, and you are still one of my faves, so I chose you again. : ) No pressure to do it, just know you made the cut. ; )
    http://rebelgrrlkitchen.com/2014/09/29/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raechel! That's much appreciated, coming from you. I'll try to get to it in the next couple days.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking meal. i envision Miguel looking like Gael Garcia Bernal. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must visit them! Spain is such a beautiful country with the most amazing people- and delicious olives and wine :))
    Looks like a great send off meal and the potato wedges look really delicious and charred the right way.

    And chill out! Who cares how many times you post during mofo?? You've done a TON of amazing posts and more importantly had some great meals with friends :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They brought some wine with them, so I'll trust you on the olives. It does sound beautiful but they are in Northern Spain, just above Portugal.

      Delete
  5. Those lemony roasted potatoes look so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They were. They were charred, but only flavor-wise. Inside they were very soft.

      Delete
  6. Yay, family night! Those potatoes do look delicious. NOM NOM NOM.

    Also, Astoria! I have fond memories of the beer garden (doesn't the entire population of NYC?) but somehow we never ate at any restaurants there. Hmm. Something for the list next time we go back.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.