Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014, Day 15: Peach Cobbler

Greg loves peaches, oh yes he do. I'm not sure where the idea to bake them into a cobbler came up but I am SO GLAD it did.
Greg bought a bag of slightly bruised last of the season peaches and I found a cobbler recipe! The one we used came from Julie Hasson's new book, Vegan Casseroles (out October 7 - we get copies in to work a little early sometimes.) It is actually a nectarine cobbler recipe, but same diff. Super easy recipe, and it came out amazing!



You pour the batter into the dish and lay the peach slices on top and it bakes up around them. We used coconut oil in the batter, and everyone knows that coconut oil makes everything delicious. The texture was kind of like a clafoutis? And a really nice delicate vanilla-lemon flavor too.
Stoked to use this basic batter with EVERYTHING though, changing the fruit up by season.

23 comments:

  1. Look how clean your baking dish and stove are! No Vanilla Ice Cream on that Cobbler? Glad to see G make a MoFo appearance. A positive influence as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I licked em down pre-photo.
      He is a positive man.

      Delete
  2. OH MAN. Peaches and.or nectarines in cobblers or crisps or pies or really any sort of baked apparatus -- THE BEST. I am jealous and need to go get peaches before they're all gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get em! Hopefully California has a longer season than we do.

      Delete
  3. OMG. I'm bringing a spoon, be right there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we finished this one - I'm down to make another :)

      Delete
  4. That cobbler looks amazing! I can't wait to see what other fruits end up in that dish :) I'm with Shen, vanilla ice cream would be an amazing addition. I'm jealous of all of the amazing book previews that you get!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream would have been nice but this was so good on its own. Pretty happy about the previews too!

      Delete
  5. I was given a fruit/cake recipe and I've been making it with all kinds of fruit too. Peaches make such a rad cake! Also, the cake you described is called something and I can't remember what… (you know, besides a cobbler).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmmm crumble, cobbler, cake, grunt, that's all I've got.

      Delete
  6. Yum, I would love to try this with plums

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that looks amazing! I love cobbler and I love peaches, this looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have not had peach cobbler in so long....that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't remember the last time I had either!

      Delete
  9. Dang! Eight people just said that Cobbler looks good. I just looked at it again and, well, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh. I have been thinking about peach cobblers so much this season. It's been years since I had one. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanna post a review of that vegan casseroles book?? Its rapidly approaching the season of all hot food all the time and i'm bored with the recipes i made last winter for NINE solid months...!
    Peach cloufutis is breakfast food, right?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love a good cobbler, mainly as it's just a great word and a pretty damn great pudding. Damson cobbler rocks my world in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.