Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014, Day 14: Lunch Date

On Thursday, my friend Stella and I met up for lunch. It was a busy day, so it was cool to hang out with her. She's like an oasis in a desert!
Stella actually forgot her planned lunch at home, and I took a photo of mine but it disappeared! Not that it was all that pretty anyway. Lentils, tahini, avocado, tomato, and zucchini. She bought a salad from Paradis that I decided to recreate:

mixed greens, cucumber, roasted beets, treeline herb cheese, lentils and pepitas! The Paradis version used goat cheese but OBV I don't eat that. Also it didn't have lentils, but I like my legumes.

This is unrelated, but I thought it was such a fun piece of art! It's on a random pillar in Downtown Brooklyn, where I went to go hear some cartoonists read from their new books.


7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Love lunch dates with friends are awesome, and the re-created salad is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! The cheese was really good with the beets.

      Delete
  2. Another lunch date and another lovely meal. That was your recreation, right? It looks lovely and sounds delicious. Very cool art on the pillar too! So cute! I think that would make a great tattoo actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I should have been clearer. This was my version. It WOULD make a cool tattoo! my ex has a root vegetable garden tattoo and I love it - he has a beet, a carrot, anddd some other one I can't remember.

      Delete
  3. I just love love love beets! That salad sounds awesome. I love veggie art!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.