Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Raw and Less Raw

mostly raw breakfasts lately:

                                                oatmeal with banana and blueberries

                        Spinach, blueberry, banana, almond milk, protein powder smoothie

                            mocha-maca chia pudding with blueberries and coconut flakes

Less raw lunches:
          WF salad bar greens, grilled eggplant and roasted pepper, hummus, and falafel

     cooked white beans, avocado, scallion, blueberries, raw bell pepper, lime juice, and salt

 G's family was in the city today so they stopped by the store and we all went to lunch at Peacefood. I got the Asian greens salad: Seasonal baby Asian vegetables, mixed sprouts, shredded carrots, tomatoes, carrots, marinated and baked tempeh in a garlic, ginger, cilantro, ponsu, peanut and sesame dressing. Enjoyable but pricey seemed to be the vote all around.

                                                 One of our cute dining companions
  Back to raw dinner:
Couldn't be bothered to cook at all. Spinach, banana, peanut butter, protein powder, almond milk smoothie. Yes, for dinner. That's why the light looks so weird.

Carrot and zucchini noodles with a lime-peanut-soy sauce-agave dressing. Kinda like the laziest pad thai you could make.

Not raw at all but a very delicious dessert.
That's all, Folks.

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, lots of berry love! I sometimes think I love blueberries more than strawberries... I need to add a little more raw to my life.

    What gorgeous plating at Peacefood (also gorgeous: mini dining companion).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, these were just a small pint of TJ Blueberries but very good and stretched through to a lot of meals!

      Delete
  2. I love that Asian greens salad, although I've never had it presented quite so fancily. So, I've had my beef with Justin's and will probably never eat another one now that Theo's has vegan cups that are AH-MAZING. My friend brought me a pack from the west coast and once they're here I'll be swimming in them. Kind of like a ball pool for kids; mine will be Theo's vegan PB cups. You're invited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Theo's recently and saw the cups. My nephew had some and loved them.

      Delete
    2. I remembered you had mentioned the Asian greens salad, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it but I'm glad I did!
      What is yr Justin's beef? Will have to try to find Theo's now! I love their bars.

      Delete
  3. The Peacefood Salad looks like it could collapse like a house of cards if approached incorrectly.

    A Smoothie for dinner is called 'dessert'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I approached from the top. It worked well enough.
      Can I at least call the smoothie for dinner "dinssert?" Can we make that a thing?

      Delete
  4. What a precious dining companion! So adorable! The chia pudding looks amazing! Definitely jealous of that one as well as the Peacefood Salad. Beautiful! I want it to be berry season forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, Luca is a cutie. He tried to eat some soup but couldn't quite figure it out.
      Yes! Berry season! We've got to appreciate it to the utmost these last weeks.

      Delete
  5. I would rather have your lunches than the pile of greens with a few strips of tempeh at peacefoods.... And it does feel like everything is a few bucks more than it should be- but the whole city feels like that now! Your smoothies look great. How was the mocha maca combo? My basic chia pudding could use a makeover....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the dressing on the Peacefood salad was really good. And the tempeh was well-seasoned. I liked it but shouldn't be spending that money.
      The mocha maca combo was good! Not sure I could pick out the maca flavor, but the coffee with the cocoa powder was very nice.

      Delete
  6. This all looks delicious. Also, this makes me want Justin's PB cups immediately. !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the raw and less-raw approach — balance is always a good plan. I'm reviewing a new cookbook that has three recipes from Peacefood so I just went to see if it was what you had. Nope — something complicated, chickpea fries and a sauce. Have you ever had the chickpea fries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balance works, it just seems silly I am embracing raw more as we get back towards fall. Yes! The chickpea fries are one of their best sellers, for good reason. They're very good - and so is the sauce. Did you make the recipe?
      Also, welcome back!

      Delete
    2. I didn't, but I'm interested. They are kind of an ordeal, and I think I'd rather not make them at home. I don't like to deep fry, so I'll have to wait until I visit NYC. The publisher wanted me to focus on local restaurants, anyway. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I love berries! Loving your raw eats…and the non-raw dishes look yummy! Luca is a cutie and that salad is something I would eat right away! I love Justin’s PB cups, they are so good! I only eat them on the flights :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.