Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Post-Holiday June Wind-down

Let's get the last of June's random meals and photos out of the way before powering through July's heat:

                                                    Stir fry with soybean noodles

                                             AfR Summer Lovin Corn Chowder

           Salad: Arugula, avocado, carrot, olives, sunflower seeds, zucchini w/ tahini sauce

                                                             Ginger Newman-Os

                                    Choosing Raw White bean-Broccoli dip (with pesto)

                    Said pesto (basil, kale, walnut, nooch, olive oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice)

                               Raw kale salad with red onion, carrot, and sunflower seeds

Some non-food summer light:
                                                             Through the apartment

                                                           Sunset post-thunderstorm

                                                  Walking in the rain during the storm

15 comments:

  1. Hi, I've not been in the bloggersphere for a while, it's so nice to come back and see everyones posts. Yours are really inspiring as always, the chowder and stir fry look delicious. Love the two pics at the bottom there too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! The chowder was great.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures and I wish I had that white bean broccoli dip right now, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white bean dip is very good. Low fat and a nice alternative to hummus. Plus, it has vegetables in it!

      Delete
  3. That stir-fry looks interesting. Never heard of Soy Bean Noodles. You make that yourself? What are those nogoodnicks doing in that bottom pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make it. The soybean noodles are the same Explore Asia brand from when I made the peanut sauce. It also has garlic scapes in it!
      Everyone's always up to no good...

      Delete
  4. So much green, I love it! The last two photos are absolutely gorgeous! I've been wanting to make a corn chowder, how do you like that recipe? Ginger O's are the best, mmmm. I am not a huge fan of ginger in general but for some reason I can tolerate it in cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sunset was gorgeous.
      I like the corn chowder recipe a lot! Better than some other ones, for sure. Lots of veggies in there too.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous light. Oh the joy of not-winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light is nice, the heat is not my thing.

      Delete
  6. I need one of those smart kitchens where whatever you make for meals gets programmed directly into my pantry/fridge/shopping list. Just assuming that's how they work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I think there's an app for that? ;)

      Delete
  7. Your salad meals are always so delicious looking! Those ginger newmans are a favorite- (is that a tattoo of scissors on your leg??). I love the *idea* of corn chowder right now but i can't deal with anything hot....
    I should make that white bean dip, I am suffering serious hummus burn out lately.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love the Ginger Newman-Os, the peanut butter ones are also really good but I haven't seen them in a long time.
      (Yes it's a scissor tattoo, haha. I have a bunch of office supply tatts...getting a staple remover soon)
      The chowder ended on the last cool days - I wouldn't be able to heat it up now either.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.