Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, July 21, 2014

Da Weekend

Hi hi it's been a busy weekend here.
Saturday some friends got married at the Morris-Jumel mansion up in Washington Heights. It was a beautiful venue (the oldest house in Manhattan - and haunted, apparently) and a sweet, fun ceremony.
I had a smoothie in the morning, and a salad for lunch at about 3, not entirely sure there'd be food I'd be able to eat there.

cherry-kale-banana-chocolate protein powder smoothie. The swirls foretell a happy future for the couple.

                          Greg looked so nice! Lots of well-dressed people at the wedding.
                    I never know how to dress fancy, but this was a 7 dollar thrift store dress.

                                                           stashed almonds in my bag

Being bookstore employees, they gave out books as wedding favors. I grabbed Sontag, because I love her. Congratulations Richard + Miguel!! xoxo
Sunday I went for a walk to get a bagel (everything with tofutti) for a late breakfast


Ate some cherries. Haxan was interested in the plastic bag, but eating the cherries, not so much.


And, still vegetable deficient (damn you bagel craving,) made a big bowl of steamed kale and broccoli for lunch. Topped with Daiya and sriracha.


Then Greg and I went to a poetry reading that our friend had set up at her coffee shop in the city. Here's the back of G reading to the rapt crowd.

I read a poem from my chapbook and messed up.
All readers were invited to bring something to swap. I took a Herikmer diamond!
Today I'll probably prep some stuff and try to take it easy after all the BEING AROUND PEOPLE of the last two days. See ya lata.

19 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love this post!! You looked great at the wedding! That's such a pretty color on you! G looked quite dapper as well :) I love that they gave out books as the favor, that is a really cute idea. That bagel looks so delicious and you know I love Haxan pics :) Great looking green lunch too. How fun to do the poetry reading and I love that you took the Herkimer Diamond!! I've been dying to actually go take a trip upstate and finally go prospect for some Herkimer Diamonds :) You got a nice big one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't wear color often haha so it's hard to know.
      The bagel was awesome.

      Delete
  2. Thrift store dresses are the best! I wore a thrifted dress to my MIL's wedding last year, and no one would have known (except that I wouldn't shut up about my thrifting success). Also, now I want broccoli and sriracha. Good thing I have both in the fridge right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I think I bragged about the price too. I really only ever buy stuff from thrift stores, so I'm ruined for ever purchasing something full price.

      Delete
  3. Lovely setting for a wedding. Beautiful cake. I like your sassy Kristen Wiigish pose. Wish I could rock a Louise Brooks do, but alas. Can't believe you would part with a Herkimer Diamond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I wish I could rock a Louise Books 'do too. She's so slick. my hair is pretty out of control. There's like 9 bobby pins holding it all back.
      Well, I brought candy to trade, haha. Took someone else's diamond! Apparently she had found it herself.

      Delete
    2. You got the Herkiner Diamond?! Wow! That's even better than the big chomp out of the Everything Bagel with Tofutti Cream Cheese.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome weekend! I hope you've been able to enjoy some down time, I know how important that is!

    LOOK AT YOU, IN THAT DRESS! Lovely!!

    Bagel, followed by a bowl of broccoli - that's something I would do! Ha! I'd follow it with a large tub of watermelon, and call it a day. All the major food groups, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the rest of the workweek is my downtime. I felt so confused and lost these last couple days, not sure why.
      I'm not a watermelon fan but fruit sounds good too.

      Delete
  5. That dress is perfection! You look supa fly, gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, how great to get out in a lovely setting and get dressed up and feel lighthearted and celebrate love. Guess you know how to look fancy now! Good choice! There's even a little nudity in this post, so great post all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It took me a while to find the nudity. I was like, is someone streaking in the background?? Probably.

      Delete
  7. You are so!cute!!! Loving the dress, and even better if its a thrift store find since no one else will have it :))
    What a great venue for a wedding, and the book favors are a great idea.

    Glad you found a proper bagel! Looks wonderful. I actually went to bagels on the square the other day- had a black russian bagel (pumpernickle with sesame seeds) with just plain tofutti, red onion, and pickles. Bagel guy asked 3xs what i wanted, think the combo threw him off! It was good, but the outside wasn't as chewy as ees a bagel or pick a bagel. Worth a stop if in the 'hood for sure.

    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The venue was fantastic! Thought the books was a cute touch too.
      I've got to get to Bagels on the Square soon! I feel like I've been eating a lot of bagels lately though..

      Delete
  8. Rocking the dress and picking up a book as a favour - that is a wedding well done! Did you and G coordinate colours before you went?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, kinda. He'd seen my dress, but he almost went with a yellow shirt...

      Delete
  9. Loved your ensemble! For a moment I thought you guys were going to pelt the couple with your stashed almonds; what is wrong with me? I feel a little better about my Daiya intake knowing you indulge from time to time. Bagels get me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha, we should have thrown them instead of rice, but then I would have had nothing to eat...
      The Daiya was on sale! This was my first time buying the shreds.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.