Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Options Out

Trying to keep ALL THE COOL STUFF together but there is just SO MUCH COOL STUFF nah jk just the usual amount of cool stuff (aka a LOT.)
G and I went to see a friend's dance piece the other night (she did a powerful, short interpretation of T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land) and went out to, where else, Wild Ginger before the show. It's a decent place and well-situated.
We both got a main that came with rice and a choice of miso soup or salad. Salads for the both of us, with that misoy/gingery/carroty dressing that seems ubiquitous (not complaining.)

G took those two on his phone. He got General Tso's soy protein with broccoli. Chili slugs on top. I got sauteed tofu and vegetables. Boring, I know, and not that great, but not bad. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DEVIATE FROM THE USUAL


Anyway, here are also two older photos from lunches out at Bite. The food is really good, and I'd probably go there more often on days I don't bring my own lunch but it's a little farther than Paradis or Whole Foods PLUS I always run into people from work there, who I then have to ignore.

This is their Mediterranean salad, which is huge and fresh and awesome. Greens, israeli salad, cooked eggplant, spicy sauce, hummus, and roasted almonds on top.

And their vegan Mediterranean sandwich (spicy), which is basically the salad on chewy bread. Vegan options are clearly labeled on their menu, and everything is fairly priced. I also like the seating inside, for what it's worth. It's a smallish space but the front window opens up, so there is a lot of light and enough room to move through.

19 comments:

  1. Salad on chewy bread sounds like the most fantastic hot-weather dinner. Who doesn't want all the salad in the world? Salad sandwich with a salad salad on the side? Perfect.

    (WHAT is the name of that grammatical construction where you use doubled words for a different meaning? Like "do you want almond milk or milk milk", or "do you like him or do you LIKE HIM like him?" This has been bothering me for days, and now it can bother everyone else too. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, bread salad. Panzanella!
      Haha, I can't help you with the grammar question.... hope it comes to you.

      Delete
  2. That Mediterranean salad looks so amazing!!! I love Israeli salad, I must be too lazy to chew at this point because I love the fact that Israeli salad is chopped so small. I like the additions of the cooked eggplant and nuts. THe General Tso's looks pretty amazing too, chili slugs and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it is chopped very small, it's cool.

      Delete
  3. I suspect all asian restaurants order that salad dressing from the asian restaurant equivalent of Sysco...... Its good stuff! Impressive salad there, i've gone by Bite a million times yet never had a reason to go. I'll have to fix that. The lure of beyond sushi is very strong though.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Bite just seems easier to go to alone, so I will do that but go to Beyond Sushi when G is with me.

      Delete
  4. Such fun eats! I will never look at chili pods in the same way...slugs. ;)

    Bites sounds like such a yummy place to eat, and I know what you mean about running into co-workers. Always awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite-looking food here is the salad on the top — the beet(?) threads are so pretty. I like that you still remember to take photos when eating out. I ate out in a new vegan/vegetarian Indian place tonight and not a single photo got taken. Never even crossed my mind and now I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are beet threads, yes, but they get them so thin somehow!
      Now you'll have to go back to the Indian place.

      Delete
  6. G wins again! Wild Ginger has gotten me too many times with those tofu/vegetables; General Tso's always wins there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me guess, you still don't know if those are real orchids on the plate or not, right?

    I don't know why, but I don't like it that a phone can take as good, if not better, pic than a camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, they're real flowers... I just don't know what kind of flower.
      It bothers me a lot too! I don't own a smartphone but everyone always just whips em out easy peasy to take shots they can manipulate and immediately share with the world.

      Delete
  8. I cannot tell you how much I wish I could've seen that dance piece. T.S. 4 lyfe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She whispered "Hurry up please, it's time" over and over at the end, almost a weird backwards speak version like from Twin Peaks. Crazy stuff.

      Delete
  9. I got a soy protein and kale dish at Wild Ginger and I loved it! I'd definitely go back!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.