Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Here and Theres

      smoothie: frozen kale and chard, banana, tahini, protein powder, lemon juice, water

                 spring greens, tofu, sweet potato, sundried tomatoes, tahini miso dressing.

Orange juice, apple cider vinegar, seltzer. Summer non alcoholic beverages getting me through.


    Raw carrot noodles topped with sauteed zucchini. Sauced with tahini. As per usual.

 Greg's inside of the burrito from Taco Chulo. Beans, potatoes, guac, salsa, sauteed spinach.

                                 Inside of mine - avocado, cabbage, beans, potatoes, salsa.

Chickpeas, sauteed zucchini, tahini. I feel like this was unintentionally a clean out the pantry/fridge week.
                                                                  a tasty new bar.

 A not so good orange, homemade trail mix: pepitas, raisins, dried cranberries.

Once I successfully cleaned out the fridge/pantry I was not so good at restocking. Lunch special at Bodhi tree: green curry, which came with two sides, along with the standard rice: veggie dumplings, which I took to-go, and Thai salad:

                                                        Good lunch deal, definitely.

                                               Quinoa, chickpeas, peas, carrots.

Greg was very sweet and bought me some farmer's market strawberries. So delicious. I never buy them for myself because they are $$.

I did, however, spring for some cherries to take to a friend's birthday and was so enamored I bought some for myself the next day.
And now, a question: Are posts like these difficult to take in? I just feel like there's a lot going on and it's not all that cohesive. It's difficult for me to find time to post on a more regular basis but I'm obsessive enough that it pains me that there are meals that I eat that go undocumented! At the same time, it's not easy for me to remember to take photos of everything I eat so sometimes highlight posts are the better way to go. Not that everything here is mindblowing. Perhaps this is more just an interior monologue. Ummm I'mma just keep doing what I do and hope posts fall into place.

25 comments:

  1. I may bust your chops from time to time, but these are the posts that really inspire me. The peeks into your personal life are certainly fun as well, so keep those coming. The only constructive criticism is there is too much Tahini on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun seeing all the photos, though it reminds me that I mostly forget to take photos these days unless I'm planning a specific post. I should do more posts like this. On the other hand, it's hard to leave coherent comments because there are so many threads. The cherries we get here seem to be mostly the yellow ones with bits of red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense, thanks. Sometimes I get lost even on long posts that have a point tying them together.
      Those cherries are so beautiful! We have them here too, but they're pricier than the all-red ones.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy seeing your meals! I find it very inspiring like Shen. I especially like them because I feel like we are very similar in a lot of ways so it is interesting for me to read about how you deal with everything and inspiring for me to see you put yourself out there.

    The salads always look good but what I really want is one of those amazing looking burritos! And cherries!! And a coconut chia bar. Ugh fine I'll just take one of everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I appreciate you saying so.
      You can definitely have at least half my burrito. It takes two sittings to finish.

      Delete
  4. Frequent reader, almost-never commenter---I love your longer posts. I like seeing what's in season in NYC (I'm in DC) and what's new in vegan world. Your bowls and salads always give me ideas for how to use what's in my fridge. Keep everything coming please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks for saying so. Seasons are probably pretty similar in DC/NY, no?
      I'm visiting DC next month so maybe you can comment later with some recommendations!

      Delete
  5. I also love these posts- often your version of a throw it together lunch meal is a delicious combo i wouldn't have thought to put together.
    Those burritos look so amazing!! And i'm in awe of the multiple vegan options there.
    This is random, but have you ever been to the Jivamukti yoga cafe? Its open to the public and all vegan, really good and not horribly expensive.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, shucks, thanks.
      I have never been to Jivamukti! It's right across the street from work but I am confused as to how to get up there?? I'll look into it.

      Delete
    2. Oh!! You must go! Its just that weird door next to max brenner and then up the elevator, same floor as the yoga studio but just over to the side. More angelika's kitchen than champs kind of food. You'll like it.
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  6. Awe, such cute little berries! ;) I bet they are super tasty. Really, all that I want to talk about is your burrito! Wow! I feel like Chipotle gets old, and everywhere else I can't really trust to not use lard. Thus, I really appreciate the freshness and tastiness of Taco Chulo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel about Taco Chulo.. they're super fresh and have inventive ways of putting together a great burrito. Chipotle isn't bad but it seems like the same thing over and over. (Not that I really get too many different things at TC)

      Delete
  7. those burritos look bad ass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tahini!!! You can never have too much tahini! Also, I love these meal round-up posts the most! Seeing the random things that people eat everyday totally intrigues me for some reason. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially tahini with miso! Yeah, I like when you do these "photo dump" posts but for some reason I feel like mine are all over the place. Whatever!

      Delete
  9. I say keep doing what you're doing. I take photos of what I'm eating even when I know logically I'm probably not going to post them. I'm nosey enough that I will take any peek into someone's life, no matter what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I guess I could continue to take pictures of everything but then only post the better stuff. Not just the same blurry oatmeal over and over.

      Delete
  10. Cabbage and potatoes in a burrito? Consider my tiny mind blown in the most tasty, tasty way. Cleaning out the fridge is not to be underestimated. It's the closest I get to zen when the fridge isn't filled with half eaten crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They give you a choice between rice or potatoes - I always opt for potatoes. The cabbage gives an awesome crunch to an otherwise mostly texturally homogenous burrito.

      Delete
  11. Woah, talk about a burrito bomb- And I mean that in the best way possible! You've got me seriously craving an overstuffed tortilla of my own.

    By the way, I'm a big fan of those Chia Warrior bars too. You've gotta try the banana nut flavor if you haven't already. They're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I love these coconut ones. The only other one I've had is the pomegranate - wasn't sure how the banana nut would work, but now I know.

      Delete
  12. Earn 10% Profit Daily without any work, just invest and rest for your profit
    Facebook.com/groups/EarningsClub
    EarningsClub.Com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say the post is a little hard to follow and is a little mixed. I know your busy and also have a ton of good stuff to share. My wife has a personal family blog which is really just a way of sharing pictures of our kids with the grandparents. She posts one or two pictures in a post and a simple one or two lines. The sentence gives the background, mood, emotion and that's it. It seems to really work.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.