Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, March 24, 2014

Undisclosed Food from a Disclosed Location

A collection of other food gone undisclosed this last week or so:

                                        GF toast with almond butter and apricot jam

Tomato soup with red curry paste, rice, and cilantro

                                               Sweet potato, tomato, spinach, lentils

                                                                   Raw cashews!

Smoothie season is upon us! This was a clean-out-the-freezer edition: spinach, frozen mango, frozen banana, coconut flakes, water + rice milk. Alongside coffee.

A quick dinner. Zucchini slices, tomato, avocado, millet. Drizzled a miso-tahini sauce over it all post-photo.
                Delicious and pretty fruit salad: mango, banana, blackberries, coconut flakes.

Another gorgeous, delicious, vibrant smoothie. This is the beet n' berry smoothie from Choosing Raw. I've made it before. Was low on berries (had only 1/2 cup) so I bulked it up with spinach and raw vegan protein powder.

                                                Yin Yang bubbly French press coffee

Vegetable sandwich: sundried tomato hummus, zucchini, carrot, red onion, avocado on toasted ciabatta bread

And, Ridgewood on a beautiful clear afternoon. Empire State Building straight on til morning:


20 comments:

  1. After all those fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and caffeine, I'd be aspiring to climb the Empire State Building and swat away fighter jets as well. It's an antioxidant free-for-all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoothie season, huh? it was windchill -20C here last night. WHEN WILL IT ENDDDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sit next to a radiator, you'll be fine.

      Delete
  3. I do believe you have eaten every color in the rainbow. I was just thinking that I need to eat colorfully. I bet you feel amazing, radiating from all of that health!

    It's like if I start running, and keep looking up, I'd run into the Empire State building! I'm sure it's not quite that easy, but it certainly looks like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually fighting back a cold, and I think the colors did help.

      Delete
  4. I must have missed the smoothie season in the 5 days I was away because I came back and it is FREEZING! Your smoothies look beautiful though, especially the beet and berry one! So beautiful! The veggie sandwich looks incredible too.

    Awesome shot of Ridgewood! Looks like it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my apartment is warm. And today it's almost balmy. Spring is a cumin.
      The sandwich was delicious.

      Delete
  5. Hi!!!! Can you see me waving???? I'm just a few blocks in front of the empire state blding in your photo!
    And yeah, those smoothies must have been during the 48hr long warmer weather we had....i juice beets all the time, never would have thought to cram one in a smoothie. Raw cashews? Like without salt? Isn't salt the entire point of eating nuts??
    Your tomato curry soup sounds amazing, esp with the cilantro. G sounds like a keeper ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like raw unsalted nuts :) The cashews are sweet and creamy like that.
      Yes, there you are. I had to zoom in.
      I used a roasted beet so that it would blend up smoothly in my not-Vitamix. But yea, they're also fantastic juiced.

      Delete
  6. The colour of that smoothie in the colour I want to paint my walls, although I didn't know this til now. Awesome. Although I suspect I'll be drinking that colour a lot quicker than I'll be painting with it. Top marks for the sandwich goodness too. I'd like to take on that sanger and win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just blend the smoothie without the top on and yr walls will be that color with no effort!

      Delete
  7. For some reason I love these photo montages of yours. That tomato soup sounds downright delicious, and those sweet potatoes look surreal. A yummy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got so much good food here you've left me practically speechless. Curried tomato soup sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curry paste was a last minute addition, and a good choice.

      Delete
  9. Mmm curry tomato soup! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smoothie season IS almost upon us; I'm afraid my old frozen bananas might be far too sad to salvage from when the weather was last enjoyable for more than a day. Per usual, you make me want to eat a better assortment of food- color wise at very least.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beet n’ Berry smoothie sounds delicious with spinach & protein powder….I need to make smoothies! That’s a good looking sandwich you got there and nice street view shot ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.