Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, March 17, 2014

Drinking Too Much

There was no beer or even whiskey today, sadly. Just lots and lots of caffeine. The day started with a cara cara orange, some almonds (more than are in this picture) and two large cups of coffee.


Lunch had some greenery involved:

                                        raw collards, rice, lentils, and red bell pepper
As I was not partaking of the water of life, I decided to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with more green. This peppermint-matcha tea is a recipe from Aimee. You can find it, and others on this page.


This was really nice, and although I totally did not need the caffeine it didn't make me jittery or anxious... though I did get a lot of cleaning and organizing done... I added stevia to the finished drink.
Repeat of the other day's miso soup for dinner. Collards, seaweed, mushrooms, rice, tofu, onion, etc.
That was pretty much my boring, liquorless day.

20 comments:

  1. It is more than ok to have a boring liquorless St Patrick's Day! For real. We were totally just sitting around checking our tax forms, for instance. A FESTIVE OCCASION.

    That is an awesome mug, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, how dare tax season coincide with festivities.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Have you ever tried a sumo orange? They have them at our Whole Foods but the season is very short, and they'll be gone soon. I just tried one for the first time after my son suggested it. http://nyti.ms/1eN0I8z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried one, but I looked since you mentioned it. They look kinda scary.

      Delete
  3. I had the hugest, hugest, hugest coffee I have ever had today. X-Large from Tim Hortons. It was taller than my head, and very much what I needed on three hours of sleep STUPID INSOMNIAC BRAIN

    But I should stop talking about me. Hi Maud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But won't the hugest hugest hugest coffee make you not sleep again, and then need to order another huge huge huge coffee?

      Delete
  4. Oooh, now I wish I had matcha at my desk. And I kinda wish I'd not drank yesterday too. Had fun. But I'm paying for it today. Ugh. Tuesday hangovers are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know how people celebrate during the week. I used to be able to pull that off. But I'm too old now, ha!

      Delete
  5. Your lentils look especially plump and appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to start drinking now just because of this lame post. Not your best work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I need to start drinking again to pretend that doesn't sting.

      Delete
  7. I am with you, the only drinking I did yesterday was caffeine. I'm saving up my boozing for this weekend :) The greenery in the post does look really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't drink either...just some green tea! :) :) What brand of Matcha do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We partook most of the drinky festivities on Saturday. Much easier than a Monday :) Love that peppermint matcha tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart of you. The peppermint matcha was delicious. It may become A THING.

      Delete
  10. Green tea? Yes. Green matcha? Yes. Green beer? No. If the drink's green, drink it green, if not, leave the poor thing be (I get freaked out by green beer, you know?) Green lentils = also good!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.