Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wyrd Beginnings

You know how sometimes you are so focused on what is flinging itself around in yr head that you are hardly paying attention what is swimming past you? That's how I've been feeling lately and its disturbingly distracting and I didn't even think there was anything good on my camera to share but it's snowing...when I took the camera out, I saw some other photos and it was like, "Oh yeah, I did that. It feels like two years ago and I wasn't hardly there."


Anyway, Happy New Year. The night itself was quiet. G and I made *spritzers* and popcorn, topped with nutritional yeast, salt, and cayenne. I napped at 12:30, he left, and I watched The Year Punk Broke. Wild, I know. I had also made a banana bread to bring into work the next day for us few poor suckers who agreed to come in. This is the PPK recipe, with a couple subs: 1/4 c. canola oil and 1/4 cup applesauce rather than 1/2 cup margarine. Also mostly regular sugar, and cloves since I didn't have allspice. Oh and I added walnuts.
Of course I had to taste test it.


                                                                          Hefty.
Schmeared with almond butter. Too bad it's all gone; it woulda been nice with vegan cream cheese too.
New Year's Eve Day I owed G a lunch. We went to Bodhi Tree, a hit at work since it's close and pretty cheap for a lot of (good) food. The lunch special is 2 appetizers and a main for $7.95.


G's tray. Green curry, two servings of veggie dumplings, and white rice.
I got Thai salad with peanut dressing, veggie dumplings, and a pineapple red curry. With white rice.



Let's hope the year continues to be as delicious. And that I won't have to owe as many lunches.
P.S. This is my 666th post. Let's hear it for wyrd 2014.

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love it when things are the 666th!

    Happy New Year & hot damn, you're the best coworker to make banana bread--bring some to me next time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I bet you do!
      Next time I make it down south, I'll sure swing by Roanoke :)

      Delete
  2. Haha the 666th post, what a way to start the year! ;) Love the snow pic, it is so pretty! It looks like you threw glitter in the air which is exactly what you do in your free time I'm sure, ha! The banana bread looks incredible! Good call adding the walnuts too, I love walnuts in banana bread. That's a great deal at $7.95, and the meal looks delicious!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you got me! I had leftover glitter from NYE so I went out on the fire escape and threw it into the wind!
      The banana bread turned out surprisingly good, thanks. I love walnuts in banana bread too! Chocolate chips also would have been nice, but alas.
      Happy new year!

      Delete
  3. See, you get it! This is what I'm forever telling Shen. YOU HAVE TO PUT NUT BUTTER ON THE THINGS. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I just put it on a spoon but it's even better when the whole thing is edible.

      Delete
  4. I'm a banana bread purist, and will have mine without nut nutter -thank you very much. ;) I made banana bran walnut bread (from a bran mix) but it only had two mini loaves. Yeah, guess how long that last in my house.

    A wonderful meal at Bodhi Tree! The curry looks fantastic.

    Happy New Year, Maud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I GUESS that's okay. No pressure 'round these parts. Ha! I love the idea of mini things because they CAN be proportioned better but mini loaves are so adorable, they're too easy to eat.
      Both curries were good! Can't really go wrong...
      Happy New year to you too.

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful Banana Bread. Walnuts are a good addition. AND I DO GET IT! YOU HAVE TO PUT NUT BUTTER ON THE THINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snow pic makes it look so ethereal and romantic!! Hahahaha.... Bohdi tree lunch looks awesome- what a deal too. I'm impressed by your generosity with the banana bread, not sure i would have been able to share. Adding walnuts is not optional for me. Funny how i hate bananas yet like banana bread..... And all the cool kids stay at home for NYE anyhow, so you're just part of the "in" crowd :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the price at Bodhi tree was totally appreciated. You know how out of control things can get in NYC. Not crowded for a lunch either.
      I kinda HAD to share the bread, since I told people before hand that I'd be making it...but probably wouldn't have otherwise! I guess banana bread doesn't taste SUPER banana-y.... is it a taste or a texture thing for you?

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.