Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, December 23, 2013

Twas the Night Before the Night Before Christmas

...and I'm pacing back and forth not even sure how to begin all the crap I still need to do. Hence: procrastination in the form of blogging!

Late birthday/Early Christmas present to myself: I went to go see the Breeders the other night. So great. They are, indeed, a divine hammer upon ear drum drum.

 Breakfast... yeah.

Still with the sweet potatoes. Also curried cauliflower, sunflower seeds, and olives. No green!

They didn't have low sodium pistachios at TJs so I got the regular ones and they are wayy too salty. Also 10x more addictive.

                             Babies! Scallion alien getting out of hand in the background there.

 Dinner some night. SWEET POTATO OVERLOAD with mustard-tahini dressing. Roasted beets in the back, kale chips, cornbread.

                                                 snack bar saved my life yesterday.

   Sunday morning brunch with G. GF toast with smushed avocado, tofu scramble, satsuma.

   Whole grain roll with cranberries, Earth Balance on top, vanilla-cinnamon black tea.
And for those of you (like me) who are last-minute shopping, here's this:


See you all post-holiday/Wednesday. Travel safely, if indeed you are.

15 comments:

  1. It's the time of year when I'm indulging so regularly that just looking at your luscious, whole foods makes me feel better. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am ingesting plenty of soy nog as well.

      Delete
  2. Woo procrastination! And food, of course. GREENS are going to be the order of the day after I found them 3 for $5 at the farmer's market! Especially good because the other thing I'm making is cookies to give to the coffeehouse that puts up with me all year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you. I am too lazy to even bring any cookies to work for the poor schmucks who have to deal with me everyday!

      Delete
  3. You can do it, lady! With the power of cornbread and other yellow foods, you can do it! Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Such a build up to one little day. Very merry Christmas to you too Hannah.

      Delete
  4. What a cool shot from the concert! Beautifully captured moment, I'm so glad you had fun and were able to treat yourself for your birthday! The food all looks great as always but that Sunday brunch is calling my name. It looks like a perfect combination and avocado toast makes life better.

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. It was totally a treat - too expensive for me to ask someone else to come with, but it was a nice date night solo, ha!
      Without G there would never be brunch, and I thank him for that. Been too long since avo toast.

      Delete
  5. What crap do you still need to do? Very beautiful Tofu Scramble you have there. See you post holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 collages! Half the groceries! and that's still after I did a ton of running around after writing this post! I got the first half of the groceries, finished a magic jar, bought wine and gifts, wrapped presents!! ahhh!! I was gonna bake for work too but screw those dummies.

      Delete
  6. Oh no, I was totally going to get you that spaceship for festivus!! Dang, spoiled it. ;)

    Merry Happy Whateverness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I assume by now everything's done and you're ready to enjoy the holiday. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday and hope you had a fab holidays! Funny caption on the “scallion alien”, they rhyme together! Your dinner plate and Sunday morning brunch both looked terrific and I love tahini-based sauce or dressing and “smushed” avocado & tofu scramble! The sale advertisement made my day… haha! Wishing you a fab 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.