Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, December 5, 2013

more chia, more salad, less soup, the city

The title is what it is. All my creative energy is going into poetry these days. But at least the food I'm eating is definitely keeping my creative energy energetic, or something.

I saved about 3 TBS of the lite coconut milk that went into the chana saag and thinned it out with water. I used that as the liquid for more breakfast chia pudding. Tropical this time; the yellow specks are pineapple (frozen, from a long time ago.)

Solid salad. Only 2Cs: collards, brown rice, sweet potato, raw sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, chopped black olives.


Low sodium pistachios as a snack. For ONCE I separated them into seven separate baggies, which was obsessive of me but it is the one thing that's kept me from eating the entire bag in maybe three sittings. I also put them in the crisper drawer of the fridge so, out of sight out of mind. I plan to reuse the baggies.

Same exact salad, different day. Nooch on top. I will eat this one more time and then switch things up.
A friend and I went to go see The Punk Singer, a movie about Kathleen Hanna, tonight at the IFC Center; I know a couple of you are also riot grrrls/fans. It's a powerful movie and definitely worth seeing if you get the chance. I had some carrot sticks and vegetable juice at work for dinner, quickly, so no photos. Instead, here are some quick shots I took as I walked across town.

That's all for now.

18 comments:

  1. I can't wait for The Punk Singer to come out on Netflix--everything I've read about it seems amazing. Plus, hello, total girl crush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good (salad) things come in threes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always portioning things out so I don't scarf the whole bag at once! I use tiny tupperwares... Your very crafty with saving TBS of your coconut milk; was that on purpose? I can't think that far ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do it on purpose...that thinking ahead was very last minute but it worked out well!

      Delete
  4. The city looks nice and peaceful. Usually when I'm there, it's all gridlock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics of the city!! I'm going to a comedy show in Times Square tomorrow night and I'm not looking forward to the chaos of Times Square but I am indeed looking forward to the show :) Love the lens flare in your pics :) I'm such a sucker for lens flare.

    Beautiful salads! You really are the salad queen. I do the same thing with snacks I want to keep around for a while. I have baggies set aside just for portion control purposes :) Coconut milk chia pudding sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know nothing about photography so I'll just lie and say the lens flare was tooootttally on purpose.

      Delete
  6. I wish I could make myself like chia pudding more. It's the darn crunch. I have to blend it into oblivion, but I guess that's OK. I always like your city shots so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm I think I like the crunch more than the gooeyness. I like it pretty thick. When I was younger I would eat tapioca with my mom and say "I get the taps, you get the yolka."

      Delete
  7. I keep making chia pudding too- canned coconut milk is soooo mich better than the refridgerated boxed kind. I also love the street shots- the city looks so much more romantic than trudging across town in cold drizzle really is...;)
    I totally make snack baggies for grab and go- also a ziplock re-user here! Altho i reused the stacey's cinnamon pita chips baggie for carrots the next time and the cinnamon sugary carrots were......weird. Oops.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not sure I ever buy the boxed coconut milk (well I rarely buy the canned kind either) but I usually use water so anything is better than that.
      So funny about the pita chip bag reuse! Ha! Cinnamon sugar carrots might be good if they were cooked....

      Delete
  8. Your title is actually kind of poetic. Good call with the portions. Ryan went in the gas station to get me a (little) bag of cashews on our road trip and came back with a big bag. I was like noooo, I'll eat them all, but he thought he was doing a good thing since I will just get more later or the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. there's a Kathleen Hanna movie? Sweet! Is it online anywhere? And will you be putting up any of the poetry too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just came out recently so it's probably not online yet. But hopefully soon! I think you can watch the trailer at the above link.
      The poetry I maaaayyyyyy put up, after I've edited and edited it to the death, haha.

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to see that movie! Glad to hear you give a good review.

    Smart about the nut-baggies. Me and cashews have been having some troubles with portion-size these days....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see The Punk Singer! I'm crossing my fingers that my local indie cinema shows it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.