Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's All About the Satsuma Segment

Busy Christmas leading up to time. Hope you all are holding it together for the holidays. You can do it. I believe in you.

                                                  oatmeal with raisins and almond milk

     Satsumas!!!! I get so excited every winter!! Lookit this lil baby segment!!! zzzzzzzzommggg

Besides the satsumas, though, I feel like I've been slacking in the fruit eating department, if there is such a department ("Ladies and juniors aisle 7") so I've been supplementing with juices occasionally.
Helped my mom decorate the house the other day. We threw lights out the middle window and Seneca kept jumping out onto the roof. His impressive silhouette:


                                                       Cicero amongst the ornaments
                             Hax in a Box. Cats love boxes and I love cats who love boxes.

more oatmeal. I splurged on Pumpkin Spice flavored coconut milk and overnighted it with oats and raisins. Really nice. Tasted like rice pudding.

            kale, cranberries, chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, sweet potato dusted with nooch.

            collards, cranberries, olives, chickpeas, sundried tomato, sweet potato, nooch.

                                 collards, curry cauliflower, sundried tomato, sweet potato.

I roasted beets but didn't eat em yet. Here is the gruesome aftermath of the peeling though. Looks like a MORDER SCENE up in here.
See y'alls lataaaaa. I'm gonna catch up on all yr blogs soon, je promis.

15 comments:

  1. Great shot of Seneca the bold. All three cats are beauties, of course. And the beet gore is, uh, so appealing. Makes me want to rush into the kitchen and cook beets. Ha. We bought a giant bag of organic sweet potatoes at Costco and finally used them up, but now I can't think of eating any for a while. Your beautiful combo salad made me reconsider for a minute, but, nah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WISH I had a giant bag of sweet potatoes! It seems I'm always buying them. Am currently considering buying more for a Christmas dish. But I think I'll use carrots instead.
      Beets are definitely on the Christmas menu though!

      Delete
    2. Be careful what you wish for ... as they say.

      Delete
  2. Happy week-before-Christmas to you too! Very red-and-green colours (well, orange and green, and purple and green) you've got going there, all festive-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! maybe orange is a Kwanzaa color?

      Delete
  3. Oats and kitties and satsumas, oh my!! So many fun things in this post and lots of pretty salads too :) Oats are my faaaaaaaaavorite and the overnight oats soaked in pumpkin spice coconut milk sounds really decadent and lovely. I'll have to see if I can find some festive holiday themed milk for oat soakage. Lots of produce happening on your end and I'm loving it all. And Hax in a box is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love oats too, as you must know by now. These were a little smaller than whole oats ( I think they're rolled?) so they cook more quickly, which is nice when I want a warm bowl instead of overnight.
      Have you seen the almond milk nog? Its supposedly thinner and really tasty. I bet it would be delicious in oats.

      Delete
  4. BEET HANDS! So awesome. I have to get myself some beets very soon. And your salads are always clearly the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! You have the drink situation more under control than I do, though.

      Delete
  5. Is that your childhood home? Looks pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the window with the cat is my brother's old room and on the right side is mine. I had the roof out the side, so I could escape late nights like the cat :)

      Delete
  6. I'm laughing so hard at Haxan's annoyed expression, I had to jump down to the comments immediately. Ha ha! Ok, back to the rest of the post. . .

    I hear ya on the fruit consumption - I'm definitely lacking as well. Nice overnight oat combo, sounds fantastic! It was warm last week, so I was feeling the salad option quite a bit. Do you still eat them when it's cold?

    Merry Christmas Maud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha aw, she probably looked more annoyed when I close the flaps on her.
      I think we got yr warm weather these last couple days but it should be turning back cold again. But yep, I eat salads year round.. I'm too lazy to cook real food most of the time.
      Happy Holidays to you too Ingrid!

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I've decided I don't like beets enough for that mess. I'll buy them pickled in a jar in a pinch!

    So, as a dog person I have to say that a cat on a roof makes me very nervous! Keep em in boxes where they're safe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I don't mind it. These were a little undercooked, and therefore messier. It helps if ya do em under water, too.
      my mom's cats are WILD!! There's no stopping them! I get afraid for them sometimes too but they've been ok so far, knock wood.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.