Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Peacefood Downtown, Take Two

And It Was Good.
G's bro and his lil nephew visited the store recently with Ben, the younger brother and Maritza, la mama; they hung around to eat dinner with us after work.



                                                         Chickpea fry. "I heard they were good."

My entree, a peace bowl - rice, roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted pumpkin, roasted eggplant with garlic oil sauce.

                                    G's dish: curry yea he ate dis whole thing and enjoyed it

                                                                   Leftovers. With red lentils.

All was well. G's bro got a cookie sandwich. "I heard they were good." "You've heard a lot of things about this place." "No, just one blogger friend. I trust her." I got a macaroon to split with G.

                                                                       THE END.

16 comments:

  1. I'm nervous. Did you love everything you "heard was good"? I do! I need to go back pronto. Nice chocolate hunk on that mac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chickpea fry was awesome; and G's bro loved the cookie sandwich. Ya done good by us.
      Almost got the Asian greens salad you recommended too. The macaroon was great.

      Delete
  2. All looks delish! Happy Fall, FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! And thanks, to you too Aimee.

      Delete
  3. Even the leftovers look good. I just realized that we ate out last night with friends and I didn't take a single photo. I'm going to lose my blogging license.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the vegan dishes at Peacefood. Where's Peacefood? I like your entree - it looks tasty with the roasted eggplants in garlic oil sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's right around Union Square in downtown manhattan.

      Delete
  5. Glad this time seemed to work out a little better for you(?)! I've heard the same about the chickpea fries. Were they good? Your dish along with the desserts definitely sounds the most appealing to me. I love roasted veggies and a garlic oil sauce sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think we mis-picked last time (well, I liked the salad) but since it was lunch we didn't want to go too heavy.
      The fries were great. Almost like a falafel but softer and more pronounced spices. Roasted veggies are great - with that dish you can pick which three ones you want.

      Delete
  6. The leftovers look better than the original dish.

    The Macaroon is obviously built for one: Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the light is certainly better too.
      The macroon was okay to split - we were pretty full from the dinner. G didn't even want to get anything! But I made him.

      Delete
  7. Don't leave me hanging - how was the macaroon? HOW WAS THE MACAROON?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.