Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lazy Sundays

My parents were out of town last weekend to visit my brother in San Francisco so I took care of the cats while they were gone.

             Seneca, Cicero. Cicero has a kink in his tail; that's the only way I can tell them apart.
                                                              Seneca, mad buggin'
I slept over one night because it was easier on my schedule, but otherwise I was biking back and forth from here to my place to take care of my own little black cat. My folks' place is so much quieter and more restful (except when the cats wake you at 6:30) and it was nice to be able to take in a long breakfast: pineapple and watermelon.
 

Followed by official Queens bagels.

              Fresh Whole Wheat Everything with vegetable tofu cream cheese and tomato.

                                     with the crossword puzzle and a big cup of espresso.

          my folks' also have a tomato plant taking over their yard so I picked the ripe ones....


And, um, ate some rainbow Twizzlers (!) from the Halloween candy they had out. I couldn't help myself but I don't recommend them: they taste like they look - like birthday candles.


Here is a picture of Haxan so she doesn't get jealous.

 She is watching me listen to Sleater-Kinney!!!! I mean, doing work. Totally working.

17 comments:

  1. kitteh-love, sleater-kinney-love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seneca looks just like my Olive (!) and I love Haxan. Sounds like a great weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love em both! It was a nice weekend.

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! What is the Minnesota Orchestra going to do now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Lorde will be the new conductor, maybe.

      Delete
  4. You and your NY Schmears! With Coffee and the NYTimes no less! I surrender! Just too incredible. I'll never know such pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass is always greener, Shen. Pretty sure this schmear wasn't anywhere near like the ones you accomplish, though maybe the bagel itself was better.

      Delete
  5. Yay for lots and lots of kitties!!! That's why I love staying at my bro and sis in law's house, it's full of animals and very quiet and peaceful (when they are out of town, ha!). Pineapple, watermelon, a perfectly prepared bagel, coffee and the Times is definitely my idea of an absolutely perfect Sunday morning. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost like a mini vacation, staying at someone else's place, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh. The beautiful sight of a big, fat glutenous bagel on a Sunday morning. That's something I wouldn't mind revisiting.

    We had kind of a reverse cat experience — taking care of our son's two cats and picking tomatoes to leave on his counter. But no birthday candle Halloween treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to eat it in two sittings.
      Hope the cats were okay with yr pup!

      Delete
  7. As someone who likes Twizzlers in moderation...those indeed look waxy! Thanks for sharing all the kitties! Do the three get along, or is Haxan an only child?

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing moderate about the way I eat Twizzlers.
    The two little boys stay at my parents house. I thought about bringing Haxan over for a little adventure but she would probably terrorize them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why have I never had pineapple and watermelon for breakfast before? Because NOM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these names, Seneca & Cicero! Yesterday I was reading an article on The Top 10 Names for cats and one of them was Kitty (and I thought it was sort of generic). Man, I want some of that vegetable tofu cheese bagel sandwich! I can't wait to eat some cream cheese when I get home! I had the rainbow Twizzlers last year and they weren't as good as the Original ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moar cat pics? Is it my birthday or something? Actually, espresso and a crossword, that's definitely got to be my birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.