Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, September 12, 2013

MoFo 2013, day 12: Morrrrreeee Carrots!!!

Here is the leftover scramble from yesterday in better lighting as today's lunch.


For dinner, I used the more corn and grated carrots raw over more spinach with the test green dressing as actually dressing. Scallions and raw sunflower seeds in there too. All tossed together. The dressing/spread kind of congealed in the fridge, what with all the fat from olive oil and avocado but it coated the salad pretty well, especially since it's back to like 80 degrees +. Yuck.

As a new carrot dish, I went with something sweet: overnight carrot cake oatmeal (to be eaten tomorrow for breakfast.) In layers before liquid:

Oats, raisins, molasses, grated carrot, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice, topped with a blob of cashew butter.

**Edited: morning lighting, breakfast photos! Easier on the eyes. Well, as much as oatmeal can be. Oh, and it tastes amazing.


26 comments:

  1. I do I care the sad lighting on your layered oatmeal made me depressed. I am going back to look at your first corn and carrot photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the corn and carrots and spinach and scramble, and that's the picture I'm going to keep in mind. Perhaps a better photo of the uh, oatmeal, tomorrow, will set my mind at ease. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maud's quest for orangeness continues! The healthier alternative to a tan. Also I'll trade you weather, srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we might need proof that you aren't orange at the end of MoFo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I feel like I already am! But maybe I'm just paranoid.

      Delete
  5. Awesome collection of dishes using "MORRRRRREEE carrots!" I like your jar of "breakfast", sounds really good with molasses and oats and allspice and ginger! Carrot is versatile in everything else from sweet to savory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totable breakfast! I always make my oats "in a jar" just because I like to see the stacked layers and it's easy to carry with me to work.

      Delete
  6. Wow; I'm glad I'm late to the party. It sounds like your original oatmeal photo really bummed people out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bummed too but I'm blaming the sunsets at 7.

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh that oatmeal looks incredible!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall you making some tasty sweet carrot pudding, no?

      Delete
  8. Yum, I'm stealing that overnight oats recipe! I love carrot cake-like things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for carrots! They simply go well with everything, sweet and savory, as proven by your fanatic carrot oats. That sounds so good that I might actually be willing to switch up my plain oat routine to try it one morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but YOU can bake anything with ANYTHING! Basil shortbread? ;)

      Delete
  10. Love the carroty oats!
    How much molasses did you add? I always screw it up and add too much and its gross or not enough and i can't taste it- at which point i add more and its too much! Bah!

    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't add much molasses - maybe a TBS - since the raisins would have added enough sweetness on their own. I'm a big fan of deep, dark blackstrap molasses and think it adds so much to recipes! Sadly, this was only regular.

      Delete
  11. MOLASSES AND CASHEW BUTTER YESSSSSS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Surprisingly the cashew butter was cheaper than almond. It all worked out quite nicely.

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.