Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Quantum Leap and Summer Heat

Guys! I should be getting internet on Monday and thank goodness because I have an insane backlog of posts for you. Here's a meal G and I grabbed at Quantum Leap in the West Village, like TWO WEEKS AGO to celebrate his little nephew being born! Hi Luca. I know you can't read.


I got the special, a Maui burger, which wasn't super... Maui-y, but was tasty. I expected pineapple or something. It had corn, avocado, and onions on a vegan burger. Side salad with their house carrot-ginger dressing AND fries. Oof. I ate 90% of this.
Greg got the Taco Trio:


There was a vegan chorizo taco, veggie chik'n taco, and a seitan steak taco. With guacamole, salsa, tofu sour cream, and chips. Greg also stuffed himself silly.
We walked a bit of it off, heading deeper into the village and visiting a friend's comic book store where G had a comic hanging up in the back.


Talented boy, he. He's actually having a book published soon. I wonder what the celebratory meal will look like for that one.
Random catch-up shit and "About Town" (yes I do get out occasionally):

Memorial Day edition of Book and a Beer. Blue Moon Agave beeeee-ah and Spook by Mary Roach on my fire escape. I hear the rest of the country has yards.

Different day Book and a Beer. Six Point Apollo and a BATMAN comic!! Not sure if you guys know I am obsessed with Batman. Now you know.
We saw CALVIN JOHNSON and CHAIN AND THE GANG play at a tea house. It was pretty incredible. Sassiest boy in America! Baritoniest feminist hunk on the block!

                                                   Summer in the city: haze in the sky.
                                                               What Not to Eat: the US Diet

Also, this doesn't need a post of its own because Jess covered it very well here but I jumped at the first chance I had to make her cacao cold brew! Been doing this on a regular basis of late, and it's been a heat wave savior. Thanks Jess.

I leave you with Greg scarfin a black bean/tomato/avocado mash we made on some Food Should Taste Good jalapeno chips.

Say hi, Greg.
Bye.

31 comments:

  1. Love the name of that restaurant. I used to watch that show a lot.

    Exciting that Greg is publishing a book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched the show! maybe once. But it was a better dining experience.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for internet! I was just thinking how I missed you, and now we'll get to see more (read) soon! I like the look of Quantum Leap's tacos, very nice.

    Congrats to Greg on the book publication! That's so cool!

    I love the city shots, I can't believe you're in a heat wave already. Ack! We're expected to reach 89 degrees tomorrow, but that's the hottest it's been. However, next week I'm going to Texas, so I'm guessing I'll have heat stroke. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely you've got better things to worry about that my internet! I hope it happens.
      The heat wave was gross. Today was supposedly only 70 something but still disgustingly warm. Have fun in Texas! Stay cool and hydrated.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Glad you're getting the internet back! The Quantum Leap food looks so awesome. Congrats to Greg on the book, and looking forward to your catch-up posts. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stay cool too! I've missed yr posts as well, but you have a better excuse not to be around.

      Delete
  4. Yay Calvin Johnson! Yay K Recs! (Mirah is my #1 musical love.)

    That hazy city summer sky is the dreamiest.

    Congrats to Greg on being an uncle and a published author! And congrats to you for continuing to be generally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I loved Quantum Leap, and Scott Bakula until Enterprise.....Batman is my favourite too!! See, I knew you were cool ;) Congratulations Greg on your nephew and getting published!! :D The food all looks wonderful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Greg. I have a Mary Roach book ("Gulp") sitting beside me right now that I was supposed to read and review ages ago. That's what sunny decks (or fire escapes) are for, right? Just need some sunny. Back yards are overrated — you have to mow them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who do you write the reviews for? That's so cool! I've been interested in a lot of her books but this is the first I've read. Luckily the sun's been out and the fire escape wasn't rainy. True on the mowing. I love the smell of grass but hate the work involved.

      Delete
    2. Publishers contact me to write reviews. They send me books but I don't get paid. I think if you see a book is coming out and you want to review it on your blog, you can request an advance copy from the publisher.

      Delete
  7. Yay for internet! I seriously need to try that cacao nib cold brew ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, i am convinced the shlep to the west village is worth it now- those tacos look soooo good! Pure food and wine has an amazing brunch that could be a good special occassion thing if you think their dinners are as overpriced as i do.
    Love the action shot of snacking greg- the dip sounds really delicious!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do it. I'm not a taco fan really but he loved em. Lots of solid dishes at QL. I have yet to visit PF&W but I would really like to. It sounds like a good occasion to finally make it.

      Delete
  9. Congrats to Greg on becoming an uncle and getting published! Great news all around. Looks like a really great celebratory meal... I would have expected pineapple on the Maui burger too. The city shots are really cool and I'm so over this heat wave already. It's supposed to cool off next week though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to put my own damn pineapple on my own damn burger :(

      Delete
  10. Hi Greg! Yay for feminist hunks! Sadness that I can't enjoy Blue Moon because it has flavours of the devilfruit! Maui-y makes me think spam so good that that's not the case wheeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of the original orangey Blue moon, but this was better. maybe you'd like it.

      Delete
  11. Back yards? I remember those. They were the dark scary areas where the cats shat all the time. Still, I kind of miss it now I don't have one!

    Those tacos look superb. You had me at sour cream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Glad (?) to hear the cat shit thing is multinational. I miss not being afraid of falling three stories down while drinking a beer.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful news about Greg. I do believe you deserve some cut of the action as his muse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. That and from the rap album he also wrote about how I'm a horrible person.

      Delete
  13. my goodness that sushi looks divine! :) Looks like I need to check it out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chain and the gang are amazing!!! I saw them a few months ago and couldn't get the lyrics 'certain kinda trash you just don't see anymore' out of my head for ages. He is certainly a sassy guy!

    Ps) I just realised that you saw Mudhoney recently, I'm off to see them tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any thing you want in Entertainment for Fun... Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What is Lol...? Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
    thatislol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been mixing my salsa fixins (black beans, corn, etc.) with my guacamole fixins and it's a dream, ain't it?

    I am not a fan of Quantum Leap and I kinda think my friends don't know there's another one; I've been spared since the original closed, so I'm not reminding them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.