Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Baking Edition

I haven't been baking as much as I used to, but that should change!
It was my mother's birthday on Monday! She is a busy lady so I didn't get to see her but I stopped by the house and dropped off a present and some savory muffins:


These are corn muffins (I used the recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau) into which I added chopped Field Roast sausage, broccoli, and parsley.


She liked the sausages that she had sampled at the Peaceable Kingdom viewing, so I hoped she'd like these. Grab and go, and pretty filling and nutritious for a lovely lady always running from event to event, to class, to visiting neighbors, to errands, and everywhere else she is needed and wanted.
Happy birthday, mummy.
I also baked something for a friend at work because she is awesome and likes my zine.

These are the peanut butter blondies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. I added chocolate chips on top because she mentioned both peanut butter and chocolate.

I think she was pretty happy with em.

18 comments:

  1. DAYUM!!!! Pretty awesome looking stuff you baked there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't taste the blondies, they could have been horrible. Also I kinda owe you some baked goods too. What kinda person DOESN'T respond to a "Fill this out and get a baked good" thing??

      Delete
  2. Man, these are ALL THE THINGS I LOVE! Corn muffins! Fake sausage! Peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of PB but people love it with chocolate. People love most anything with chocolate.

      Delete
  3. So good! Those corn muffins are like a meal in your hand, wow! The Peanut Butter Blondies look phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mother enjoyed hers with wine :)

      Delete
  4. Yes!!! Happy birthday to your mama!! Those muffins are amazing and a great way to lure her into veganism ;) I love your additions to the corn muffin. Sounds so delicious. Those blondies are beautiful!! Love the addition of the chocolate chips, definitely adds a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the blondies came out well, too. Have you tried to make them before?

      Delete
  5. Your mom is very lucky to have such an awesome daughter. Those muffins sound (and look) delicious! Happy birthday to her. :)

    Those blondies sound pretty terrific, too. So nice of you to bake for people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have her!
      Baking for people is a lot of fun. I find it really calming but then without the whole making myself sick eating it all.

      Delete
  6. You have been a busy lady!! That's so sweet of you to make the muffins for mom- they sound super delicious. (My mom is reallllyyy not open to the idea of nonmeat)
    And i would like to sign up for the blondie distribution list, that's one lucky friend you have.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add ya to the list. (It's a long one.)

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to Mummy! Those peanut butter blondies look so good!! Gah, I've just finished my lunch and I'm hungry again now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you had lunch before the treats. :)

      Delete
  8. If I tell you it's my birthday soon, will you send me some of those fellas? I mean, it's not, but I'd be happy to bend the truth for sweet, sweet baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope your friends and relatives appreciate you and your generosity and cooking talents. Both of these baked goods look great. Now I wish I hadn't given away my copy of vegan cookies invade your cookie jar (to a friend who had just turned vegan and was into baking).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.