Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In the Meantime

Hey everyone. Today is International Worker's Day so I took the day off. Thank a union. Later I'll probably attend the general rally in Union Square and march downtown. Power to the People.


In the meantime:
Raw chard, red onion, apple, beet salad with raisins and hemp seeds.

Again with hummus on top.

Kimchi with avocado, chard, and tofu.
A sandwich G ate here: GF toast, Dr. Praeger's burger with romaine, tomato, and mustard. NO PICKLES :(


Gorgeous (if I do say so myself) fruit salad: strawberries, blackberries, grapes, apple with coconut flakes and a splash of orange juice.

The best thing about baking healthy cookies is that you can use the leftover fixings as a snack. Trail mix of pepitas, pecans, cranberries, and raisins.

Green breakfast: grapes and juice. These Blueprint cleanse juices were on sale and even still, I had to stretch the drink over two days to make it feel worth the $$$.

Hilary's adzuki bean burger (also on sale) with spinach and sprouts.

Not bad, not great. (Added banana):

And FINALLY, reunited and it feels so good.

Breakfast smoothie!!! This had spinach, blackberries, banana, ice, almond milk and water, cilantro, and sunflower seed butter.

How you say...mise en scene:
And yes, that is a Jerry Springer Security Dept. mug in the back.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that I bought the kimchi after you posted it last time; it's hiding in my fridge as we speak. Also, steer clear of the Greek-style yogurt. It was so bad it was unbloggable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didja try it yet? I think it's great kimchi.

      Delete
  2. I am 100% a fan of 100% of the things in this post. Power to the delicious food-creating people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It snowed here (we broke a 70 year record!), so some of my students no-showed making it a light work day for me. Ha ha! Unintentional almost-no-work day!

    Congratulations on reuniting with your blender! I've seen the Blueprint juices, but I just can't seem to cough up $8 for a juice (and that's the sale price here!). The trailmix /baking leftovers look amazing, as does the fruit salad! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's insane. What is the deal with CO??
      The juices are good but definitely not worth the price.

      Delete
  4. I bought a bottle of the Blue Bottle before (the spicy lemon) and after drinking it - I was like I could have made 40 bottles of that for the price I paid! I rather spend the $ on vegan fair trade chocolates or something.

    The greek yogurt was okay in the vanilla flavor -the blueberry made me ill. I just like the plain ol' vanilla coconut yogurt - currently mixed in with homemade jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like basic soy yogurt best, it's easy to toss my own fruit and stuffs in.
      Definitely spend yr money on chocolate!

      Delete
  5. I feel very much like kimchi has addictive properties. it's hard to stop at just one bowl. Or two.

    Bit confused about the not bad, not great ice cream. How can people make bad ice cream?! The world is a messed up place.

    And yeah, happy union day. I'm glad unions exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream is never bad. This was greek style yogurt.

      Delete
  6. I've been contemplating of trying out coconut milk yogurt, but a bit turned off by the low protein %. Do you like the flavor and the overall performance? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't waste your $$! The coconut milk yogurts i have tried are a weird grainy texture and very thin, maybe ok in a smoothie but not alone. Trader joes soy yogurt is the least offensive one i have found. None of them have much protein.
      Ttrockwood(at)yahoo(dot)com

      Delete
    2. Ditto TT. They aren't that tasty. I heard that some of the TJ soy yogurts are non dairy but have gelatin in them??? Maybe that's been changed since then.

      Delete
  7. I'm pushing myself to eat more diverse Salads based on your inspiring posts. Keep em up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Until i bought my own juicer i was buying "columbia gorge" organic green juices at whole foods , the green apple and greens is great and they are about $5, not horrible considering its all organic. If you go to union sq whole foods they are actually downstairs in the aisle that is half frozen food and half tofu/yogurt/dairy. I loved all the ones i tried.
    The beet apple salad sounds so delicious! All your meals look so good- glad the blender is back in your life
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those juices. I love that they make one that is all veg and no fruit!
      I am SO glad to have the blender back.

      Delete
  9. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum!! I have to agree, that fruit salad is gorgeous! All of your salads look delicious as always. I'm going to start making salads a staple in my diet again so I'll be looking to you for inspiration! Hooray for your blender! That smoothie looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.