Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Leftovers

Both leftover backlog photos, and use of leftovers from Easter. The folks sent me home with some of the snap peas, thus this:

(spinach, snap peas in sesame oil, tofu, shiitake mushrooms, ginger juice and chili paste - ya know, that stuff that's always next to the sriracha). With a little light reading. e.e.'s lovely.
And I had roasted some beets for Easter to put in a salad that didn't end up getting made, thus these:

(spinach, avo, roasted beets, orange segments, salt + pepper)
(spinach, raw broccoli, roasted beet, red cabbage kraut, tomatoes, tofu, avocado)
(spinach, roasted beets, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, avocado, hummus, nooch)
Lots of repeats have been had of the above.
Breakfasts have been right back at the bars, post-Lent, but also picking up fruit I usually don't (the pear, WF fruit salad)

Note the ICED coffee!! Number one, it was totally delicious and perfectly made and so refreshing because Number two, SPRING IS HERE:


Finally made the Vega chai drink with coconut water. Kinda too sweet, I watered it down towards the end. Gotta find a good medium.
Baby bok choy with tahini and hot pepper paste, grilled "So Spice" (?) tofu from WF salad bar.

And, finally, back to Champs when it wasn't totally crowded:

 my a la carte: side salad, scrambled tofu (they really know how to do), home fries
Greg's French Toast Slam: french toast slices, scramble, tempeh bacon, soysage patties, greens.
Til we meet again.

19 comments:

  1. I want ALL OF THE THINGS. Except the orange devilfruit. But definitely the e.e. I've been getting into Rilke lately. Oh poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read all that much Rilke but I'd like to. Oh poetry, indeed!

      Delete
  2. Ditto Hannah's "all of the things". Champs, Whole Foods, Maud Salads, fruit - yes and yes. I hope you are enjoying your new spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champs was second only to the avo/beet/orange salad. Do try!

      Delete
  3. The salad Queen returns!! So many beautiful, colorful salads :) Yay for your first iced coffee!!!!! I had my first one the other day too!! I've cut back on my coffee and I only drink decaf when I do partake, but omg that first iced coffee was glorious! Oh and now I'm craving mango ;) I'll have to pick some up next time I'm at Whole Foods.

    I've never been to Champs but I've wanted to go for so long! Yay for vegan brunch!! Both meals look amazing, I'd order probably the same way you did. The tofu scramble and potatoes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this coffee was so smooth and rich; it tasted almost like chocolate! So great.
      Champs is delicious and cute but such a hassle to get a seat at. If you are ever in the hood, try to get there early or on an "off" day, like during the week. Though I guess the wait is never too too bad. Plus you can always grab something from the bakery case to go! I frequent a back-up bagel shop nearby just because I've been too frustrated with the hipster crowd at champs too many times.

      Delete
  4. Your leftovers are always waaaay more inspired/colorful than mine! Loving them all, especially the veg salad bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but you do much better than I do the first time around, so.

      Delete
  5. Whenever I read your posts I always see something that I want right away — if only I lived in NYC. Like the three things from Champs that look so tempting. Your salad combos are inspiring, too, and I suppose I could venture into my kitchen and find some leftovers of my own. (not beets, though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your make me feel the same! Although Thailand is soooo much farther from me than NYC from you.

      Delete
  6. Leftovers get a big thumbs up - it's like a whole other dinner without any effort. I'm not sure the rule of 'it gets better if you leave it' holds true in my kitchen though. More like 'it's got a 50-50 chance of not giving you food poisoning'.

    Anyway, you've now made me crave beetroots something vicious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm big on zero effort. Especially when yr STARVING.
      Beets are it, all year round. I didn't enjoy em enough this winter so I have to make up for it.

      Delete
  7. I'm totally obsessed with Champ's (post coming soon); why is it so great!?!?! I can't speak on your salads because I had potato chips and a chocolate chip cookie for lunch. Bad, so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champs IS great. I really wish it weren't so crowded all the time. Can't wait to see what you got. Have you been to Dunwell's?? I want to get over there soon. There, now we're even for yr chips and cookie lunch.

      Delete
    2. I've been to Dunwell, but I've never gotten anything! Isn't that weird (and unexpected)? It might be a story to relay in person one day...

      Speaking of, I hope you made it to the Shop-Up before everything sold out; I barely did!

      Delete
  8. Very inspirational. Especially impressed with how that Mango was cut and the Avocado/Orange combo. Side Salads at breakfast must be the new thing. It works though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's been seen at Champs, it is TOTALLY the new thing. That place is hipper than itself. Saved By the Bell board game included with tofu scramble.

      Delete
  9. So much great food! So colorful, too, as always. I especially love how the second salad looks- pretty!

    I'm jealous of everyone's spring. We have yet to get out of winter here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy. We didn't even have that harsh a winter but I'm super happy spring is here, though it seemed to have been a couple fluke days of warmth.
      Hopefully it'll hit you soon!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.