Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Quintessence, Take 3

Another night, another Groupon. This one was actually hard to meet the Groupon price and was filled with vegetables, leaving me feeling full, nourished, and happy. I will definitely keep returning to Quintessence, Groupon or no.
Sorry for the kinda crummy photos. The lighting is "romantic" or something.

my plate: Greek pizza with "Greek-spiced nut cheesed & tomato sauce, topped with kalamata olives, bell pepper, red onion rings." Served with a side salad and an awesome dressing. The pizza is buried somewhere under the greenery.

Greg's plate: Santa Fe Pizza with "Bell pepper cheese with tomato sauce, Mexican-spiced vegetables, sour cream, & guacamole." You can see the pizza itself a little better here.

Shared dessert: pecan pie with lime ice cream and vanilla creme. This was not my preferred dessert but it was good, especially with the ice cream. They didn't have plain vanilla ice cream, which was odd, but the lime went well. Otherwise it was a little on the dry side.

                                          G took this photo of the street from the restaurant.

Also this shot of the train station. "These people don't know what subways look like!" I will spare you the shot of our teeth.

However, I WILL share this fuzzy picture of a fuzzy, fuzzy cat. She needed dinner too. It wasn't raw or vegan, though.

17 comments:

  1. put up the teeth shots ma doggie. both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should post that picture of the train...
    Besides the general vegan groupon predicament, I've found it hard to return to Quintessence since finding out about the exposure incident. It's not only the general distastefulness of the whole situation, but also the fact that it all seems very unclean- which doesn't bode well with me when I'm thinking of who is preparing my food. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, the train! You know, I only heard about that story once and completely forgot. I think the owner has some serious problems that he needs to deal with (he is totally remorseless, even trying to explain why he flashes people, ugh) and he definitely should have been dealt with in a more severe way.
      That said, you are more principled than I am. I like the food and I'm pretty sure that asshole was not preparing anything, so I'm more disturbed that he'll be getting my money than with the fear that he might touch my food. I will probably still return, having been reminded of that but with a shudder? Huh. I don't know. People should definitely be made aware of the incident and who he is, though. I do not feel sorry for him in the slightest.

      Delete
  3. No need to post the teeth shots, in my opinion. The pizza sounds delicious though I can't comment on its appearance — the shots are too romantic. As far as subways go, having grown up in Philadelphia, I know more than I want to about what subways look like. I remember being amazed, after the terrible Philly rides, how beautiful subways in other places like Canada, were. Or London. Haven't been on a Philly subway in a long time. I wonder if they've been improved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I'll spare you. I have never been on Philly's subways! Though I may be taking a short trip there soon. I'll report back.

      Delete
  4. I would be getting Greg's pizza & Mike would get yours. :) Great that the meals were so full of veggies. I love that. Makes me feel not as guilty about eating out.

    Dessert sounds great, and lime ice cream? I think I'd like that a lot!

    A fuzzy picture of a fuzzy kitty. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, the guilt was also assuaged by the cheap food :)

      Delete
  5. So lucky to go to Quintessence!

    Looks like Haxan eats bigger portions than you do. Hope her move is stress-free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be so much happier in the new space. We both will. There are birds in QUEENS!

      Delete
    2. QUEENS!!!! Sounds even classier when you yell it.

      Delete
  6. Aaaaah kitteh!! SO freaking cute! She looks extra fluffy in that pic. Love it!

    Ooooh Quintessence! I've looked at the menu a million times and it always looks amazing. The lime ice cream sounds really delicious and refreshing. i'd love to try that. I am also a sucker for pecan pie. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you make it to Quintessence one day soon. You'd probably love it and yes, the ice cream was amaaazing.

      Delete
  7. I'm all about the veggie heavy pizza! Even in the dim light, I find it very appetizing. :)

    Dry desserts are the worst! I'm glad the ice cream made it better.

    Ha ha! It's been several years since I saw the NY subway, nearly four since I was on the T in Boston, but less than two since I saw the DC Metro. My thanks to Greg for the reminder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great- I bought that same Groupon, too! I just haven't had a chance to visit the city at leisure for a while, so I'm not sure when I'll finally get to enjoy it.... Thanks for reminding me to make the push though, it definitely looks worth an extra trip, even if it's out of my way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.