Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, January 21, 2013

Two Days Minus Dinner Plus Other Stuff = Calculus

Today was an incredibly boring and sparse day, food-wise. At my friend's place in the am, then straight to the folks'. On the way I ate a gingersnap Larabar (not usually a flavor I eat but quite enjoyable) and continued the gingery trend with some homemade chai. I've not been drinking booze this last week (! I know !) and have been drinking tea a lot instead. At the folks' I brewed some black tea along with some ginger tea they had, and added a dash of cinnamon. It's pretty enjoyable. I'd have added non-dairy milk and agave if I were home. If I make it again here I'll take a photo for you.
Instead, here are Cicero and Seneca, in synch.


Now I'm home trying to make dinner a little less boring, cooking up some kabocha squash:

I brushed the inside of the squash with olive oil, added salt and pepper, and threw in some pav bhaji masala spice mix I made way back when. Mostly because I have no idea how else to use the stuff up. Who knows if it'll taste alright, but when has that stopped me before?
Anyway, I've gone out the last couple night so dinners have been either non-existent or really quick (crackers and nuts or something) and undocumented. However, here are the other meals from the previous two days:

Saturday breakfast of a Pink Lady apple at 9:30, the orange at 12, and the 22 Days Goji Mate Firecracker bar at 5. In between, I had a "collard wrap salad"


I figured a collard wrap wouldn't stay together if I brought it to work for lunch so I chopped everything up that I usually put in a collard wrap (collards, mushroom, carrot, bell pepper, zucchini, sweet potato) and dressed it with tahini and Braggs.
Strata!!! (I love that word.)


Sunday afternoon I had an Art's Blend Pro-Bar and the seltzer-OJ-apple cider vinegar drink. That gross brown blob is part of the "mother" from the ACV. Yum, right?


Later in the day, a BIG SALAD.

Spinach, mushroom, carrot, Japanese sweet potato, bell pepper, zucchini, and sunflower seeds in a tahini-miso-red pepper dressing.

That's All, Folks.

21 comments:

  1. The title of this post is amazing :) I know what you mean about sparse meals but yours look great and colorful! That big salad looks amazing as does your strata :) Cute kitties, love that pic! I just grabbed some Larabars to bring to work for a quick snack. I need to get back into that habit. I really love oranges...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks. Do you remember 2ge+her??

      Delete
    2. That was the FIRST thing I thought of!! U+Me=Us lol!!

      Delete
  2. It's like the kitties said, "okay we have enough sunlight - let the bathing commence".

    I'm out of apples, but I had the thought of having both an orange and an apple for breakfast, and referring to it as "The Maud". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, like little solar powered windup cats!
      I'm maud and I approve of yr breakfast.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I do! It's about 2:1 tahini to miso and water to thin. Super easy. I add the red pepper flakes every so often to taste.

      Delete
  4. I love the licking in unison shot. Cuteness!

    The strata sounds awesome, especially with the dressing you put on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mom actually took the shot of Cicero + Seneca, so props to her. They are cuties for sure but wild!!

      Delete
  5. I think 89 needs a cat friend. Cats generously don't like me, but synchronized cleaning? That's entertainment.

    Also, why am I always roasting my kabocha in halves? Quarters seems like the way to go, although I aspire to slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slices look so classy. Someday, Abby.

      Delete
    2. PS While both would be appropriate, I actually meant to say that cats genuinely don't like me.

      Delete
  6. The cats and the salad are gorgeous. That must be some home grown ACV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Braggs actually! I wish I had the gumption to make my own.

      Delete
  7. You are officially the salad queen of the vegan blog world! Congratulations! The tahini sauce photo at the end of your post is enticing. I don't think I've ever put red pepper in my tahini sauces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It adds a nice kick. I liked Nikki's idea of cayenne too.

      Delete
  8. Your salads rock my world. Wish I could push myself to actually throw together an interesting one every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are obviously busy making other delicious food, way more involved than salads!

      Delete
  9. what's your recipe for homemade chai? It's winter here and I need some of that tea goodness! And maybe a cat or two for extra warming-up-ness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post it Friday! It's delicious. My cat has totally been sleeping on me this last week...that totally helps.

      Delete
  10. Ah yes, tea, the magical booze replacement. I've been doing the exact same thing, Mike and I gave it up for the month of January. Your meals are still nice and green and colorful - I need to do more salads!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.