Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out with the Old; In with the New

Halloooo dear readers. Happy New Year. Here's how I rang out 2012 and "halllooooooed" 2013:


Spent the day "mocktailing" it. This is 5 parts seltzer: 3 parts orange juice: 1 part apple cider vinegar, as recommended by a friend. I like it a lot - not too carbonated, not too sweet, and really refreshing. (Plus good for you!)
I drank about 3 throughout the day so I wasn't super hungry. This was the last meal I ate in 2012, though:


Raw broccoli, avocado, tempeh with Braggs and red pepper flakes.
Plus a couple dry roasted hazelnuts (a Christmas present) to snack on:


Got in some last-of-the-year chill time with les chats lunatiques:


(Eli, my roommate's cat. The roommate is away for the holidays so I'm on belly-petting duty, double-time.)


Haxan, looking more confused and less sassy than usual.
Later that night, I headed out to a friend's house to PARTAY. Her boyfriend and his friend were major mix masters that night. Oof.


One of many.
Snacks to line our bellies:


Some really good white bean dip (I think the people who made it mentioned lime juice and mustard among other ingredients)! Pretzel thins. There was also tortilla chips and homemade salsa, carrots, and an awesome hot pepper jelly that I ate.
Sooo yeah. That's a brief re-cap. It was a fun night, and I hope you all had a blast as well. I don't particularly have any resolutions or cleanses planned, so just stay tuned for more of the same: booze, cats, and good vegan food.

21 comments:

  1. That mocktail sounds really delicious! I'll have to give it a try! Your dinner looks really great and I love the kitty pics! I'm sure you don't mind the extra belly petty duty :) Looks like a fun time with friends for sure! Glad you had a great new year and I'm wishing you all the best for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the belly petting and I don't think Eli does either... :)

      Delete
  2. The ACV mocktail looks really good. I've only been able to drink hot drinks lately because of the cold weather, but maybe I'll remember this in the Spring. Looks like you had a nice NYE with tasty snacks. White bean dip with mustard and lime sounds delicious. Might have to try making something out of that combo. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a lot of cold food year round, which is kind of weird but as long as the house is warm it doesn't bother me. But yeah, try the drink when you can!

      Delete
  3. I'm with the others on the appeal of the mocktail! Your last meal of the year looks pretty tasty, too.

    I'm so glad you had a great (and delicious) time with your friends on NYE! And what a diffcult job to love on your rommate's cat! ;) Haxan always has the best expressions. It's all about the eyes.

    No resolutions here, just the usual attempts at health and happiness. Hopefully I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Haxan is ONLY eyes!
      Health and happiness to you this year, Ingrid!

      Delete
  4. Let's all click mocktails to bring in the New Year. Woo hoo.
    Snacks and cats are always on the agenda.Great pictorial.
    Here's to a great 2013 for you FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you go, GiGi?? Happy Year to you too!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I will be back sometime this week :) I've missed reading and writing. End November-December always crazed at Veganville. Nice to see you FF.

      Delete
  5. The mocktail sounds fantastic. That's something I'd probably like a lot.

    Sounds like you had a good time, which is terrific! The kitties are so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yr eve was lovely too, molly, and the rest of the year!

      Delete
  6. So that's what they do in Brooklyn on NYE? Seems pretty 'chill'.

    Booze, cats & good vegan food are what I'm all about. I'll stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to mention the "chill" parts and leave out the parts where I went to a friend's house at 1:30, got lost for an hour and woke up with bite marks on my face.... ha!
      There's yr drama already!

      Delete
    2. Wowsers! Were they human bite marks? How did 'getting lost' transition into eventually 'waking up'? Or don't you know?

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, New Years. Good call on drinking mocktails until the evening, I probably should have done that, ha ha. Oh and by the way, Mike and I fell in love with those pretzel crisps - so good! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I tried to pace myself because I had to work the next day. Even then it was kind of rough.
      The crisps are good, aren't they? The bag at the bodega was dusty though. Not enough love.

      Delete
  9. You must have the most healthy inners on the planet; I bow to you. My last meal of 2012 was Thai food and cookies. Pretty representative, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Innards, or dinners? ;) Hopefully both.

      Delete
  10. I am jealous of those hazelnuts! They look like monsters compared to the little ones in my pantry. I bet they were incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are huge! I've never seen them like that. They are very fresh and good. Washington-grown, I think!

      Delete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.