Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

A Few New Things

Bought bok choy to change the regular miso soup up a little but I don't have anymore mushrooms so I chopped up the bok choy, shredded a carrot, and added some tofu. With Braggs and sriracha, had it for lunch the next day.


Pretty sure you guys know what apples and oranges look like. That's been breakfast most days, except once, this:

Pumpernickel bread with tahini and agave syrup PLUS an orange (eaten later as a snack.)
I've also been trying to do that thing that lots of healthy people keep jib-jabbering about (j/k no disrespect): warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning. Well, okay, I did that once (today) with goji berries and once (yesterday) with apple cider vinegar. I'm healthy now, right? I can go back to my first thing in the morning thing being saying "uuuugggghhhh," then grabbing an apple and an orange and running out the door? Cool. No photos because I still need to run out the door.
Lunch today was root vegetable soup with black beans from Paradis, even though I asked for 3 bean chili, since that's what was on their menu but they did not actually have that day. (Paradis! Get it together, dudes!) The root veg soup was probably a better idea, though, and not as suuuper filling as bean chilis are wont to be.

This isn't a great photo but it had onions, kale, tomatoes, butternut squash, and I think parsnips. A sour seedy roll came with the soup and I ate it and it was good.
Dinner was a massive craving I've had lately! Welcome back oh you lovely collard wrap.

I roasted some sweet potatoes yesterday. These wraps (I made two) for dinner today had tahini, mashed sweet potato, shredded carrot, red bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. This is definitely what my body needed, though I may have overloaded the wraps in my excitement.

O, the dusty looking stuff is nooch, haha. That looks a little weird.
And dessert: two a dese.


Plus some raw almonds and crackers. Uhhhh now I'm full. Dassit. Nite. Stay warm.

21 comments:

  1. hahaha, You eat so much healthier than I do. And now you're even healthier with your hot lemon water first thing in the morning! I haven't tried it with the gojies yet, but I want to and as soon as I have some I'm gonna do it. Then I'll be even healthier too ;)

    Good looking miso and soup and wrap. Especially the mashed sweet potato. That's my favorite. And now I have to try the tahini and agave on toast because it looks awesome.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really beginning to appreciate goji berries. It's nice with the ginger too. I also wanted to try this: http://mynewroots.org/site/2011/07/drink-your-sunblock-goji-ginger-lemonade-2/ over the summer... but didn't. I will soon!
      Hope yr weekend was great too :)

      Delete
  2. Those wraps look awesome. You do really eat so healthy. We try, but don't always succeed at it. Although water & lemon in the morning does sound good to me..... I'm going to have to get into that habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always succeed either. But a new day is a new day (lemon water and all.)

      Delete
  3. Our friends from Philly are addicted to those peanut chews. We buy them in bulk and ship it to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I's buy em in bulk and eat them myself if that wasn't such a bad idea.

      Delete
  4. No mushrooms for miso? Sounds like a crisis to me! :-)

    That collard wrap looks amazeballs. Fairy dusted and all.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fairies certainly visited that wrap.

      Delete
  5. AHHHHHHH my comment died. It was long and rambly and I'll never be able to capture that magic again. Ha ha ha. :) I think I was just rambling about how awesome Sriracha is, yup, that sounds about right. Oh and "that is a giant wrap you've got there", though I'm sure there was a better segue into that comment..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as distraught as you sound about the loss of yr comment. I love rambly things. But, yes, sriracha. FTW.

      Delete
  6. My dad has done the lemon water beverage for breakfast for years. Years. I don't think he's any more healthy than I am, but he's an omnivore.

    Hello, collard wrap! Welcome back! I will have to try that once I'm finished with my bag of collards and locate full leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, have you seen Don't Look Back? There's a scene with Bobby Neuwirth and Bob Dylan where Neuwirth pretends to read from a speech - I imagine the collard wrap stitltedly talking in the same voice.... "So. Happy. To. Be....here."
      I made a chopped collard wrap salad the other day so you could do that, even leaf-less.

      Delete
  7. I think that you are incredibly healthy! Your meals are always so colorful and vibrant, a total healthypants giveaway. That pumpernickel with tahini and agave sounds AMAZING. I can never keep up with my lemon/apple cider vinegar and water morning routine but I try to when I can. The collard wrap looks amazing and the soup looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Healthypants, that's me. I wish you could eat bread and enjoy the pumpernickel you love so well. Yea, even if the lemon water thing isn't an everyday routine it's still probably beneficial if we do it every so often. That's what I keep telling myself...

      Delete
  8. You are the healthiest eater of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason, seeing your overloaded collard wrap made me think of an overloaded giant burger and what a dramatic difference there is between the two images — your meal brimming with life and health, and the other brimming with ... well, death. Duh.

    I have a giant bag of lemons from Costco and many mornings I do the hot water/lemon thing. Mostly it's to warm up in the freezing house, but maybe it's good for other reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loaded burgers are so gross to look at. Yucko. And yeah, I don't drink coffee until later in the mornings, so it's nice to have something warming that early, especially recently!

      Delete
  10. I tried that hot lemon water thing once..... But i kinda cant function without coffee within minutes of being awake and that was a really unpleasant combo to my not yet awake tummy.
    That veg beany soup sounds great! I often get soup at le pan quotidian since they have a vegan soup everyday and some awesome buns on the side
    I found tahini in chinatown this weekend for like $2 for 8oz! Called sesame paste but ingredients were literally just sesame seeds- so i'm making your dressing asap.
    Ttrockwood@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.