Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 21, 2012

Days, They Never Stop

Before the photos get to out of hand: Recent Eats:

Breakfasts:
Half of a banana bread/chocolate chip muffin schmeared with sunflower seed butter

The last of Terry's chia pudding with goji berries

Juicey juice.
Lunches:

Hearty Lentil Vegetable Soup from Whole Foods with oyster crackers before I remembered I dislike those crackers.

A very bizarrely colored salad from the Whole Foods bar - mixed greens on the bottom, curried acorn squash slices, satsuma/fennel/carmelized onions. It was rainy today so I took this in the WF cafeteria, crammed next to a stranger - hence the bright lights and the quick shot.

Paradis done good again. This is mustard greens (first time I ever knowingly ate them!), chickpeas, roasted Brussels sprouts in tahini sauce with pine nuts.
And a dinner that was meant to be lunch (I brought it to work and forgot about it over the weekend. It still smelled okay two days later, so I ate it. It was good - and I'm not dead. Yet.)

I mean, it looks a little sad but whatever. Chard, sprouts, tomatoes, red bell pepper, zucchini, carrot, sunflower seeds with Braggs.
Another dinner:

Falafel sandwich from Oasis in Williamsburg. Nothin to write home about, but saved my stomach on a very very hungry night.
The end, besides all the alcohol and snack bars I've been eating. And the chocolate chips with walnuts I had for dessert today.

19 comments:

  1. ohh, this post is filled with all the sorts of things i love to eat. that columbia gorge juice is SO GOOD, isn't it? we love their OJ. i would have eaten the salad, too. i sorta like wilted dressed greens.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't had the OJ, just the vegetable juices. They are really great!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great things going on here! The salad from WF's sounds really good, especially with those onions. I haven't had falafel in a long time. A falafel salad is sounding pretty good right now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, onions and oranges are surprisingly great together! Do the falafel!

      Delete
  3. You are braver than I! If I forget about food, especially salad, I get way too sketched out to eat it. I know it's wasteful and all that, it's one of my flaws. And I really like the idea of a falafel sammich! When I move to Austin I'm going to try to abandon my vices for a month (booze and junk food, among other things) and actually exercise. (!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little weird about wasting food...probably a not-good amount, ha. Have you never had a falafel sandwich?? How do you usually eat them??

      Delete
  4. Oooh lots of great food! Your salads are gorgeous as always :) The falafel looks really good! I hadn't had falafel in such a long time and then I randomly got it at this place near the studio and it was AMAZING!! The cabbage makes your sandwich so colorful! The soup looks delicious too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The falafel was pretty good. I've had better...but the cabbage is always a colorful, crunchy addition, yea!

      Delete
  5. I'm guessing you don't have a problem with 'irregularity'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am "irregular" in a couple ways but not in the way I assume you are insinuating.

      Delete
  6. Your food looks so good! And always has shamed me for not eating enough veg and being healthier! Very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be shamed! There is no shame in any delicious vegan food.

      Delete
  7. That broccoli salad you admired in my cookie post was made in a very large quantity and I ate it all week. Then I found more in my fridge yesterday! That, however, didn't smell right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broccoli sometimes begins to smell weird in the first few days already. I think it's a cruciferous thing. Better safe than sorry?

      Delete
  8. Those are some great looking lunches, especially the salads. Just stopping in to wish you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a knack for finding/making delicious-looking salads. I always find myself wanting your lunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come to appreciate lunches that I purchase elsewhere... it's nice to not make EVERYTHING for yrself, and it lends for a good bit of a break of routine.

      Delete
  10. beautiful title:) had to comment on that:) i have been thinking about you! (its michelle from dirty duck?? its been awhile!!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.