Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Last Two Days

Hey, guys! Real quickly as I run out the door, and I will catch up on all of yr posts very soon: How many of you are participating in Vegan moFo this year?? I did it last year and it was kind of grueling but pretty fun. I signed up again and I hope I can pull it off... whatever I can do, I'm pretty sure it'll be more interesting than the whatever I can grab recently. It's not so much that I'm uncomfortable cooking here, but I've just been out and about a lot so I've been buying meals more than I'd like to.

Tuesday's breakfast. I didn't realize this would be chocolate-coated, so that was particularly decadent. First time trying these bars, I liked it. mostly, though, I didn't have time to buy coffee so I wanted the mocha perk.

Snack. Another huuuuuge Joanna Gold.

Lunch is my usual stand-by. I dig these. They are filling and pretty cheap, as well as healthy and not too heavy.

Dinner. Spinach, tofu, tomatoes, carrot, sumac, and red pepper flakes. Sorry about the flash.
Wednesday's breakfast:

more walnuts and dried cranberries.
Snack:

Which I mixed with wheatgrass powder and made it look entirely unappetizing.

Lunch from Paradis. Do I need to keep praising them? Quinoa pilaf with chickpeas and butternut squash alongside a cabbage/kale slaw in a lime-tahini dressing. Geez.

This was a late snack, no dinner, too many beers. I liked this flavor too. It was surprisingly nutty flavored.

Raspberries and an unpictured granola bar for breakfast today.
Lunch, who else but Paradis:

Kale, black beans, sweet potato in an avocado-pepita vinaigrette. On a very white bench.
Dinner was the same salad as Tuesday:

Oh, plus hummus. Yeap. I like having the spices out on the counter and not in the pantry - I am having fun throwin sumac all willy-nilly onto everything.
That's all. I will catch up soon!

16 comments:

  1. I wasn't going to participate in MoFo, but then realized that Mike & I have a few food-related things planned, so I signed up yesterday.

    That first bar looks really good, especially for a morning pick me up (and the second doesn't sound bad, either!). I've seen that sushi & a few other things by that company at one of the markets in Milwaukee, but have always been hesitant to get them. Next time I might have to break down & try one.

    I'm sad that raspberries won't be around for much longer. They're my favorite fresh fruit.

    I hope you're settling into your new place well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know. These raspberries weren't even all that great. Bummer.

      Delete
  2. What amazing meals!! I've had that mocha bar before and I thought it was really good! You are right though, I wasn't expecting it to be coated in chocolate but it was a nice surprise ;) I love that macro sushi too! They don't carry it in my whole foods anymore though! It's so sad! Both of your lunches from Paradis look really delicious but I'm kind of partial to the first one. The raspberries look beautiful and the salad looks yummy!

    I'm participating in MoFo again this year! I'm glad I started to plan ahead because I'm already overwhelmed and we are still in September! I'm revealing my theme tomorrow in my Fun Friday post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever in Sunnyside, they wholesale those sushi there!

      Delete
  3. I've not seen these bars before, now I'm curious. Macro sushi?! Awesome! I can't even talk about Paradis anymore, you are so lucky. :)

    I thought last year after MoFo that I would participate this year, but I am just too overwhelmed and busy with work. In the meantime, I look forward to reading and commenting on everyone else's posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me wonder what ISN'T macro sushi?? I thought all rice was okay. But it's tasty, so I'll take it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! When the first picture was loading, I thought it was a pregnancy test! Um, nope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, totally mofoing it up again! :) Mmm, sushi. A new, very vegan-friendly sushi place opened up really close by, which is dangerous because I love the stuff. Regular rice sushi, sprout sushi, any kind! Those salads from Paradis looks awesome, nice and hearty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what YOU come up with. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. Yeah, sushi is waaay too easy to eat, like, all the time.

      Delete
  6. Yes, doing MoFo again. Did it for the first time last year in a very gently, and am planning to do it a bit more full on this year.

    And a surprise chocolate coating = good day in my book!

    Also, I am now craving grapefruit juice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grapefruit juice is awesome! Everyone should drink it more often.

      Delete
  7. Oh, just run out that door. Buh bye!

    And, FYI, every day is Vegan MoFo at http://shenandoahvegan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I don't know how you do it.

      Delete
  8. what a delicious day! i love apples right now during this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.