Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Salads, Soup, Snack, Smoothies, aka back to reality

Spinach, kraut, avocado, tempeh, bell pepper, tomato salad. Sriracha used as dressing post-photo.

Running out of food salad: spinach, celery, carrot, tomato, capers, red onion, avocado, hemp seeds (that's all I have for protein in the house right now!), nooch, sriracha.

From Paradis: kale, tomato, raw corn, quinoa in an avocado vinaigrette.
 
Bumble bar: Chunky Cherry flavor. I had one of these bars a long time ago and didn't like it so much, but I guess they introduced new flavors and maybe re-worked the recipe? Anyway, they're softer than I remember and it was pretty good.

This was a kind of sad salad. No dressing, I was too tired to think. Spinach, zucchini, carrots, red pepper, sauerkraut, fennel.

Whatever: spinach, red pepper, broccoli, carrot, zucchini, kraut, tempeh with mustard dressing.

Lacking in stuffs again. I almost had the ingredients to made a Rising Sun Smoothie: this is spinach, frozen banana, spirulina, almond butter, soaked goji berries, flax seed, the driest bit of lemon juice.

miso soup. The usual. Broccoli, onion, carrot, rice noodles, shiitake mushroom, hiziki, red pepper flakes, anise seeds, ginger.
Sorry, I've really got nothing better for you guys. This is what I eat. I'm moving on Sunday and I want to use up my pantry stuff. maybe tomorrow will be better.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful salads! I love how you throw salads together with whatever you have but it's always such a great and inventive combo! The miso soup looks absolutely delicious! I need to make my soup soon because I'm getting the sniffles again. I don't think mine will be that pretty though! Love the idea of sriracha as dressing!

    Is this the move to NC? Or somewhere else? Good luck with the move, keep up posted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I guess all vegetables just "work" together. Yea, I felt pretty sick the other day and miso soup was the only thing I could think to eat.
      Nah, this move is only about 20 minutes away, haha. It's sort of temporary - or not, we'll see how it goes. my old roommate had an opening.

      Delete
  2. Running out of food salads can either be really awesome or sub-par, I think I'll be making one of those for lunch today (and hopefully it'll be awesome, ha ha)! This post is making me crave green food very badly! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go green :) Thanks, I hope the move goes smoothly.

      Delete
  3. Extra credit for the fennel! Even though I know those Bumble bars are vegan something turns me off about them seeming to be made of honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I know what you mean about the name of the bars - I guess it's like what you said about making vegan food come to you, rather than seeking it out - Bumble bars are sort of just making it that much harder. maybe they used to use honey?

      Delete
  4. Well now, if my usual eats looked anything like yours, I would be in much better shape! What may seem mundane to you is inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salads are always so varied — I admire that. And they always look like something I'd want to eat, except for the fennel, of course. The miso soup looks so good I think I'll make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I guess I try to switch the veggies up a little but I feel like they really are all the same. Go for the soup! Tis the season!

      Delete
  6. I'd also like to know where you're moving to. I hope it's someplace you'll love!

    All of the salads look great, as usual, and like Andrea I really admire the variety in them. The avocado vinaigrette sounds especially good.

    I had a Bumble Bar quite a long time ago and didn't care for it, but maybe I'll have to try one of the new flavors. Chunky cherry sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the new living situation is okay too.. it'll be with a friend, near my current hood, but I don't exactly anticipate staying there long, which is kind of a hassle. Eh.
      I was surprised to hear about the avo vinaigrette! I wonder how they did it.

      Delete
  7. Wow! You're like 95% raw now.Sauerkraut on a Salad is strange to me. It seems as though you're using the Kraut as the counterpart to the Avocado in lieu of dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However much raw I am, that is soon to change with this weather coming on. I got hooked on kraut in salads with avocado from the "Ginger is the New Pink" blog. It really is a tart, crunchy, and nice contrast to the sweet and creamy avo.

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your move! We're moving soon (well in a month or two) and it's making me a wee bit stressy! You have inspired me to eat a little bit cleaner though, I have been eating too much junk recently. Your salads all look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a Bumble Bar once before I was vegan, and it had a lot of honey in it. I'd be interested to try one of their new bars (I like the packaging too). "Running out of food" meals at your place look really delicious. It's hard to choose a favorite meal out of these, but I guess I'd have to say the miso; that looks super good. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I am so jealous of your access to Paradis. Every salad you show looks amazing! I also love your "Whatever" salad. Miso soup. . .I can't wait to start making soup!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.