Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quantum Leap

Things have been sort of weird lately. And when I say weird, I mean, let's not talk about it. Today was a little less weird than usual so G and I celebrated and went out for dinner at Quantum Leap, a mostly vegetarian place in the West Village.
G got a Fiesta burger (veggie burger topped with pepper jack cheese, chipotle BBQ sauce, guac, and pico de gallo) , the only thing he ever orders at QL ("Why stop now?"). Indeed. I tried to take a photo of it for you but he was already halfway through it and I didn't want to embarrass him. Let's just say, we asked for exxxtra napkins.
I opted for the Asian Soba Salad (cold soba with Asian veggies, green seaweed, hiziki, marinated tofu, green and red cabbage with wasabi-shoyu sauce).


It was pretty good. The carrots were a little dry and the onions seemed out of place. The hiziki was weirdly flavored but I'm picky with seaweeds. However, I don't even usually like (green) seaweed salad and this one was very good. It was fun to eat mixed with the soba. The tofu was well-cooked and marinated in some sort of ginger-y sauce, which was a nice counterflavor to the salty shoyu. It was a fun plate of texture and flavor.
Also, 2 for 6 dollar Miller High Lifes! It made for a good night.

16 comments:

  1. it sure looks like a beautiful plate! i love ginger sauces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nicely presented. I love ginger sauces too! They really liven things up.

      Delete
  2. Big plates good prices I was just there this week.
    I started culinary school in NYC a few weeks ago. I was at Union Square Park and then Quantum Leap. I'm going to started yelling Maude! in public places. Did you do The Seed? Cinnamon Snail food truck was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, congratulations on schooling, how fun!
      I wasn't at the Seed but I often think how funny it is that there must be so many bloggers nearby and we just don't know each other. Even at QL, I saw another girl photographing her meal and it made me really happy.
      Please yell my name in public! I will yell yrs and it will be like a city-wide game of marco polo.

      Delete
  3. Oooh. my kind of plate!!! Would you like to share um the food, not the weird stuff. Sorry about the funky stuff going on :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funky is yr vegan chick'n? How loose is yr vegan goose?

      Delete
  4. Damn that salad looks amazing and super fresh! I've never been there before but I think I should add it to the list of places I need to check out :) I hope things continue to be less weird for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I like QL but don't love it. There are only a few options on the menu that intrigue me. That said, it is cheap and they give you a lot of food!

      Delete
  5. Any history on the name of this establishment? I recall my mother watching the show "Quantum Leap", ever seen it? Delicious looking meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! I was just recently talking to my friend about that show because the Scott Bakula character's name is Sam Beckett and we are both huge Beckett fans. Never really watched the show beyond a couple episodes, but I'm not sure the show had anything to do with the restaurant's name...

      Delete
  6. Vibrant plate of food! That tofu is making my mouth water. I'm super picky about seaweed too...

    Nothing Miller High LIfes can't fix...hope your weirdness continues to decline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seaweed is definitely hit or miss. This one was spot on, and makes me want to replicate it!

      Delete
  7. i will say that i would probably go here more often if they served smaller portions. delicious and substantial burgers if nothing else but always leaves my stomach in pain due to huge portions that are not conducive to saving. only place i know of that serves you a burger, fries and a hearty salad for one (downright cheap) price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the jealousy! To just pop into Quantum Leap any old time you want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your meals sound great (and yours looks awesome). I love the name of the restuarant! Used to watch that show all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.