Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Breakfasts

Smoothie with spinach, 1 frozen banana, frozen cranberries, chia seeds, and cranberry kombucha. I liked it a lot because it was less sweet than other smoothies I make.

Gorgeous and delicious fresh fruit salad. Ataulfo mango, blueberries, banana. Straight up. Sometimes I add flax meal or coconut to a meal like this, sometimes powdered ginger or cinnamon, occasionally a squeeze of lemon - but it's always good.

Spinach, blueberries, 1/2 vega packet (natural flavor), frozen banana, parsley, lemon juice. The parsley was just slightly noticeable. I added it for an extra green kick - and for the incredible amount of Vitamin K!
Yep, those are my fruity, raw breakfasts of late. I like to get most of my servings of fruit in early in the morning so as to not interfere with digestion later, and so that I don't really have to worry about getting in the fruit servings throughout the day.

11 comments:

  1. Yay for a breakfast post! I love breakfasts and yours look great, especially that fruit salad! That look so colorful and fresh and delicious!! The first smoothie sounds interesting too! I bet the added kombucha added and interesting twist! I still need to try cranberries in my smoothies! Beautiful green smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think tomorrow I'll have your fruit salad on top of oatmeal with a sprinkle of hemp hearts. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I've not thought out adding Kombucha to my smoothies - although I am going to try it with coffee this week. The flecks of color from the cranberries and blueberries are the best part! Fruit bowls will soon be a staple breakfast in my house. I had a bad smoothie with parsley once, but I think it was due to the quantity. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh a kombucha smoothie!! how creative! and i love that you put cranberries in it! they're such an underutilized fruit! haha...thanks for sharing! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, VAVA, I don't often make kombucha smoothies because I buy the kombucha rather than make it, and I always kind of feel like I'm wasting it by mixing it with other stuff instead of drinking it on its own, but it's a nice, subtle addition.

    Andrea, that sounds awesome! I have hemp seeds too - I ought to try that. We can have twin breakfasts!

    Ingrid, I love coffee in smoothies! Well, depending on the flavor I guess. I feel like it gives a super rush - of both green vibrancy and the caffeine, of course. Can't wait to see what you do. Yeah, the parsley can be hit or miss but the Vega packet did a good job of mostly covering it up.

    GFHT, yes, agreed! Cranberries are so healthy and really distinct-tasting but not used to the best of their abilities. I'm guilty of it myself - these were a frozen bag from Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fruit salad is such a great combo! I've really been enjoying blueberries lately.

    Love the gorgeous green color of the second smoothie. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely breakfasts one would aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. molly, thanks, I thought the bright green was very pretty too, especially with the flecks of blueberry!

    Shen, I wouldn't kick yr raspberry danish out of bed either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love vega! What type of blender do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fruit salad looks delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. BYOL, It's just an old Proctor-Silex from K-mart!

    Angel, thank you :) It was!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.