Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, May 27, 2012

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Don't know where that burst of energy came from, sorry. Oh, wait, it's probably the iced coffee I'm drinking right now. Despite the bombastic title, things were quiet around here today. Watched Groundhog Day (first time ever!), straightened up a bit, worked on some lettering, read, and even took a nap. Geez. The Memorial Day food was also less than stellar because there isn't much food in the house. I've been running around a lot recently and my mind was not focused on food. I even let a bag of spinach wilt (I'm sorry!) But there was a decent amount of fruit, making for a tasty raw superfood breakfast:



Chia pudding (1/8 c. seeds with about 1/3 c. water and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract stirred and let to sit about 5 minutes) topped with banana slices, blueberries, and goji berries. Also dusted with ginger powder. I guess some of you call that powdered ginger. Pretty delicious, but light.
Hope you all are having a bit more of an exciting weekend.

10 comments:

  1. chia pudding! looks delicious!! i still have yet to try...i'm a little weary given the consistency of a "chia egg" in vegan baking....your pictures make me want to give it a go! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you've convinced me...I've seen it on your blog a few times now...and I have to give chia pudding a try, looks full of texture and yummy fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not gonna lie, I can't get enthusiastic about chia pudding unless it's blended up and contains chocolate. There's something about the lumpy, greyish look that doesn't make me comfortable. But I'm not giving up. I will keep trying until I, too, extol the virtues of this nutritious seed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chia seeds are a bit of a rarity over here in the UK - time to track some down though, I think. I'd really like to give chia pudding a try out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groundhog Day!! To me there is something very lovable about Bill Murray, and Andie McDowell is great. Did you like it?

    I need to try Goji Berries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum your chia pudding sounds so good! I still have some left, I'll have to try it with ginger and berries. That sounds so delicious! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect Sunday to me. I make a point of taking it easy (my Sabbath) on that day. I have yet to try chia seeds in any form. I must be missing out on something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GFT, I have yet to try chia as an egg replacer. Do you use the seeds ground up first, or whole?

    Rose, glad you think so! I feel like bulking it up with as much fruit as possible will at first help with the texture which may be off-putting (pudding?) to some.

    Andrea, that sounds delicious. I'll certainly have to try that way too. I was definitely wary at first but I guess I've gotten used to it. At least you are trying it at all!

    Joey, they're a lot of fun and pretty versatile even beyond puddings.

    Ingrid, I LOVE Bill Murray; I can't believe it's taken this long to see the movie. It was actually less funny than I thought it'd be but still pretty good. "It's me, NED RYERSON!" Ha! And yes, Andie mcdowell is really great.

    VAVA, the berries add a fun texture to the pudding for sure. Thanks, likewise!

    Blessed mama, chia seeds are certainly not a must but I've gotten hooked! They're fun to play around with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look really cooling. Wish I would make more Chia foods.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message and I'll call you back.